Friday, July 31, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #595


Hi everyone!  Can you believe it's Friday already?  This week just flew by.  Mind you it was a short work week for me as I have today off.  I'll have an extra long weekend as Monday is a stat holiday and I also added Tuesday as a day off.  I took my holiday days in small chunks this year so I'll have a couple of nice 5 day weekends like this.  Not going anywhere but just knowing I've got time off is wonderful.  Lots to be thankful for.  Please join me as we look for the blessings in our everyday and learn to be thankful to God for them.


~ Hubby that sends pics of Little Libraries and their contents.  My hubby knows my love for the Little Libraries around town and when he sees one he is gracious enough to get a pic and send me the address.  Sometimes he sends me a picture of the contents too and if there is something I want he nabs it for me.  Love these little ways that he shows he loves me.  




~Blizzard evening with good friend.  My good friend came by for an evening of some much needed girlfriend time and she came with Dairy Queen blizzards in hand.  I haven't had one in forever and it tasted especially good sitting on the deck enjoying a beautiful evening with conversation and laughter.  I gave the Coffee Crisp one a try this time around but my favorite is still the Choco Cherry Love.


~Flowers blooming!  My flowers are blooming in spades!  Don't know what I  am doing right this year but I'm enjoying their show that they are putting on.  All the colors and variety always make me smile.  God is an artist!

 
front flowers


Deck flowers



~Negative COVID tests  Here in Alberta they now have asymptomatic testing available.  They started in a few select pharmacies.  Because this darn virus can be spread by people who are not showing any symptoms and because I care for children and for aging parents,  I thought I would go ahead and get tested at one of the asymptomatic testing pharmacies.  I had the results within a couple days and was very happy to hear they were negative.  One of my dayhome families were also awaiting on a test for their cousin who thought they might have some symptoms of COVID.  The child has not been at care all week just in case and good news, it was negative there too.  It was a bit nerve wracking awaiting that test.  If it had been positive their family would have all had to be tested and of course if positive that would filter down to the dayhome and I might have had to close for 14 days.  So thankful for that negative test result.

~One on one day with one of the dayhome kids.  Yesterday I only had 1 child come so we had lots of fun doing things together that we can't do when they are all there.  I kind of like these special times once in a while.  I find it really build relationship with that child.  I wouldn't want to do it all the time like that, it is so much more work and tiring,  but once in a while it's wonderful.

What were your favorite blessings from the  last week?



 


6 comments:

Wendy said...

Glad to hear you got a negative result and yay for the long weekend. No idea what a dairy blizzard is - assuming ice cream of some sort? Your flowers are lovely and I love those neighbourhood libraries. It's an idea that's catching on here more and more but thankfully our actual libraries are starting to reopen albeit on a limited basis. Enjoy your long weekend and recharge your batteries!

Barbara Harper said...

The flowers are so pretty! How nice of your husband to let you know about the little libraries he comes across. Nice to have so many! I have yet to see one here. So glad the COVID tests came back negative. How great to have one-on-one time with one child and have some days off this weekend.

Faith said...

Oh praise God for the negative result!!
How fun to have drinks 🍹 n,the deck with a friend and only one child in the daycare. It's werd teach No just 5 students at one time this summer but we are all having a great time of play-learning and i even get to teach most of the language lessons!

Lovely flowers.

Enjoy the weekend!!

Willow said...

Oh those flowers are beautiful! Whatever you're doing, keep on doing it.
I had a friend day this week too (I didn't write about it! Next week...). Those special times are really important now.
Glad you got that one on one time with your day care kid. It is important to make those connections.
Happy mini holiday!

ellen b. said...

Good negative news. Is that an Oxymoron? Beautiful flowers. I'm sure your day home child felt special. Enjoy your long weekend!

Karen said...

I'll bet your day home child loved having the one on one time with you. I'm glad to hear the covid test came out well for everyone, too.

Your clematis is just gorgeous. I have no luck whatsoever with them. I've tried different locations, and one even started out with a good year, and then I don't know what happened. They're so beautiful, I just wish I could get one to grow.

How nice of your hubby to take photos of the little libraries. Those are the things that mean so much. When my grandkids were here, we came upon one at a park, and they were so delighted. Such a treat!

Enjoy your nice long weekend.