Friday, July 17, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #593




Hi everyone, welcome!  It's been a very busy week for me with some difficult days with a new babe in the dayhome.  But I'm so happy to have this place to escape from the chaos and difficulty and look for good in my everyday.  Some days are good, some days mediocre or boring and some are downright hard.  But it is up to me to look for the blessings no matter what that day has presented to me.  And you know what?  When I do, no matter how hard, there is always something to be thankful for!  Won't you join in with me in developing a heart of thankfulness?

~ bikes and friends ~ Saturday dawned bright and sunny and beautiful.  Perfect for our bike ride with good friends.  It's the first time we've gone bike riding with them and it was so much fun!  We've haven't gotten together since the whole COVID thing so it was especially nice.

~ new Starbucks drink to love ~  after our bike ride, hubby and I parked the bikes, grabbed the dog and took a short walk over to the neighborhood Starbucks.  I gave their Iced Golden Ginger Drink a try.  It was very creamy and delicious and nice and cold.  Another fave to add to my list.  And there is no caffiene in this one so it won't bug my sleep if I have it later in the day.  It will be a once in a while treat though because of the sugar content.



~ grilled steak dinner ~  we haven't had a steak in so long so when hubby came home announcing he bought a couple steaks to grill for supper I was excited. That is until I saw they were rib steaks.  I never buy rib steaks because of the price and right now they are super expensive due to COVID outbreaks at a couple of meat packing plants awhile back.  But he splurged because we haven't been eating out at all for months except for the occasional pizza or fish & chips takeout.  Now I was scared.  Because I haven't grilled a steak since last summer.  And the first go-round of the year is always an iffy experiment as I remind myself how to grill a steak to how we like it.  I would cry if I ruined these things.    But they turned out literally perfect.  So good.   We enjoyed every bite cause we knew it was back to burgers after this.  LOL.

~ beautiful sunset ~ the sky was ablaze last night in a gorgeous golden orange color.  A feast for the eyes .




~ the words "it's friday" ~  It's friday.  After an especially long week I am so thankful for Friday.  Looking forward to a nice quiet evening, a good long walk this weekend, hopefully actually attending church on Sunday for the 1st time in months and lots of reading time.  I love Friday.

What were your favorite blessings this week.  What beauty did you find in everyday things this week?












8 comments:

Faith said...

The naturalist in me loves that quote and photo!! That sky is gorgeous!

That's a Starbucks drink i haven't tried. If the flavoring is in the syrup you can ask for just one pump vs the 3 ( according to my barista daughter.....she's sleeping right now so I'll ask her about this drink later). I've cut back on the dragonfruit one due to the sugar content.
That's my fave!!

I no longer eat beef but those steaks sound amazing! Yay for grilling!!

How fun to have a biking trip with friends. I wish my husband would get his bike up and running.
I always go by myself these days.

Hopemyour weekend gets better than your week. Mine was difficult too, thankful it's Friday!!

Barbara Harper said...

We haven't had grilled steaks in a long time, either. Sounds so good! That sunset is so gorgeous. I agree, I love the words, "It's Friday." I'm sorry you've had some difficult days this week. Your weekend sounds much better!

Wendy said...

I hope you can enjoy your weekend after a difficult week. Make time for yourself. Working with little ones is hard and challenging.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Susanne - what a beautiful sunset! Those steaks sound sooo good. I want to try that drink from Starbucks. Sounds delicious! Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

My summer fave at Starbucks is still the Pink Drink. I'm not sure if I learned about it from you? It says summer to me.

I hope you get your nice long walk and a relaxing weekend. Our work schedules are so wonky (especially Dan's) that I no longer have the TGIF feeling. I do miss it!

Beautiful sunset! And a steak on the grill is a big treat around here, too. Hate to mess that up when it happens:/

Gattina said...

We don't have Starbucks here in Belgium at least I have never seen one !

Willow said...

Some weeks are like that, even in Canada. And Camarillo. I am always thankful for the opportunity to sit back, focus and remember my blessings.
That Starbucks drink--I do love ginger...
I hope that the new babe settles in well soon.
Bike rides! Love them!
Have a good weekend and coming week.

ellen b. said...

Sorry about the hard week. Glad you took time to find the good...
That sunset is amazing.