Friday, May 01, 2020

Friday's Fave Five #582


Hello Friday, hello May and hello FFF friends!  So glad you came by for another week of being grateful.  Looking for blessings no matter what the circumstances of life brings and being grateful helps to keep us grounded during tough times.  God is there bringing blessing but sometimes we have to push that pause button so that we can actually notice them.  And being grateful to God helps us to notice His hand in our lives more and more.  So please join in with us as we pause to look and be thankful.



~ dark chocolate hummus ~ I found this at Costco and just had to try it.  And I think I have found my new snack addiction.  It's so good with apples or blackberries or bananas or strawberries.  I've even dipped golden berries into it and love it.  Pretty much any fruit would do.  Once you get used to it not being smooth like melted chocolate, I mean it is hummus, it really hits that spot when I'm craving chocolate.  I'm telling myself it's healthier than just a chocolate bar, right?    I'm grateful that even at this time when one of favorite activities, going to restaurants and trying new foods, has been put on hold there is still ways to find and try new to me foods.



~ naan bread pizza ~ before the COVID 19 craziness we used to get pizza on a regular basis, at least once a month.  It's one of my favorite takeouts.  But Hubby just isn't comfortable getting take out food right now and we hadn't had pizza since the beginning of March and to say I was craving it is a major understatement.  But I don't like frozen pizzas.  I was staring in my cupboards when it dawned on me that I had all this extra naan bread (from Costco) and they could possibly be a good crust for pizza.  I added spaghetti sauce and/or pesto, whatever toppings we had on hand, and cheese, baked at 425*F until the cheese was hot and bubbly (about 15 minutes) and voila, we had pizza.  And amazingly it was delicious.  We liked it way better than the frozen pizzas and it satisfied our pizza craving.



~ furry hand holds and "hugs" ~  my youngest daughter's cat has been getting cozy with me lately and everyday he likes to do a little cuddling.  Most times when I'm working on the computer, haha.  He cuddles up real close and then "holds" my hand with his paw or sits right on top of my mouse hand purring away.  I'm thankful this little furball reminds me there is more to life than getting sucked into wasting a ton of time with my face pointed towards the electronics and there are other things, real live things, that are wanting my attention. 



~ gorgeous weather and gardening ~  we have had absolutely lovely weather this week and coincidentally the big yellow bag of garden soil arrived this week.  The flower beds under the back yard trees have been needing more soil in them for years but it was always an expense that got put on the back burner.  But with my extra time off this year with bit the bullet and ordered a bag (1 cubic yard) of black soil.  Gardening is not something I crave to do, but it had to be done.  I'm thankful it has given me exercise all this week outside in beautiful sunshine and this big job is finally getting done and the beds look so much better!

~ bike riding ~  we enjoyed some great bike riding on the weekend.  It's my favorite activity when the weather gets nicer.  We rode to the other side of town and had a nice socially distanced visit on the driveway with my mom, then rode home again.  A lovely way to spend a couple of hours on a spring day.

What have been you grateful for this week?






10 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Naan bread pizza is a great idea! I am envious of your beautiful weather. It’s been rainy, grey, windy, and cold here forever and ever. Every once in a while we get a sunny day and then another week of lousy weather. I’m glad you’ve had a chance to get out into the garden.

Faith said...

Susanne, we really do think alike!! Guess what i bought at the grocery store last Friday!! Yup. Chocolate hummus. It's so good with pretzel rods too and guess what??! My oldest daughter loves the golden berries with it! So funny you mention it. I've been using Naan for pizza crust for over a year now and we love it. I believe i have a recipe for a very different type of pizza on my blog, it's called Thai peanut butter pizza and it's sooooo addicting but so good for you!! All good ingredients.

Yay for bike riding! Tomorrow my plan is to hike in the morning somewhere locally and then get my bike out and get my flower seeds planted in my deck containers. It's supposed t be gorgeous here, today is a bit drizzley and cloudy, and i have to be at school all day!! ( parents picking up learning kits and a site mtg) I'm so ready for this isolation stuff to be done!!

I'm allergic to cats and don't care for them but your daughters is adorable!!

I hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend!

Barbara Harper said...

I have never tried hummus. That sounds like a great way to have some chocolate covered strawberries without having to melt down chocolate.

We feel the same about eating out, and I so miss it. We've had frozen pizza, but it's not the same. I just remembered I have some naan bread in the freezer--I may give this a try!

My oldest son lives alone, and we're so glad he got a cat just before all this craziness started. We've enjoyed seeing pictures and videos of her antics.

I'm glad you've had some great weather, got some gardening done, and had a nice bike ride and visit!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love all of these Faves. Hummus is not my thing, but the dark chocolate variety might be worth a try. I love that you got creative and found a good way to satisfy your pizza craving. I like pizza as well and we love pizza take-out. Working in the garden is always a big job, but ultimately satisfying, so I am glad you got your garden soil down. I love the picture of your daughter's kitty holding your hand. So cute. Its nice you were able to get out and ride your bike, too. Great exercise, and a great way to get over and see your mom. Stay well and have a good weekend!

Wendy said...

That's a good list Susanne. I'm not a big fan of hummus but have recently tried a caramalised onion version which was good. (I can't imagine a chocolate version lol) The cat is cute and it must have been nice to get out and see your Mum. Things are still locked down tight here.

ellen b. said...

Your naan pizza looks delicious. Very creative. Glad you could have a nice bike ride and see your mom from a distance. Everything is so much more bearable when the sun is shining. Light is good! Happy May Day to you. Hope you have a nice weekend...whatever that is anymore. :)

Willow said...

Now you're making me crave pizza! Our favorite pizza place is closed down right now, so we haven't had pizza for a looong time.
I love working in my garden and it's one of my happy places. I'm glad your garden is taking shape now.
Hurray for that good bike ride! And in the sun, too!
Have a safe and healthy weekend!

Gattina said...

The pictures with your cat is so cute ! Holding hands ! Your house must seem empty to you without the little once who keep you busy each morning ! After almost summer weather we are back to rain and cold. Not very motivating.

acorn hollow said...

I have never heard of chocolate hummus is it made with the beans too?
we use naan bread too for pizza and it is pretty good.
your kitty just wants to be near you so sweet.
Cathy

Susanne said...

Cathy: Yes chocolate hummus is made with chickpeas. It is hummus at it's core. But a dessert type. It does has some sugar to make it sweet and chocolate. It’s delicious with fruit and with pretzel flats or sticks. It does have a little bit of a grainier texture, it’s not like a smooth chocolate sauce or dip, but once your brain gets past the texture, it’s really yummy.