Tuesday, January 14, 2020

January - March 2020 Reading List



So here we go.  Finally decided on the books I want to get to over the next 3 months.  I think this will be good , this posting of my seasonal goal.  It will help me to focus more on reading trying to reach my goal rather than wasting time scrolling around on fb or playing the games on fb.  It's not that I don't want to get to my books, I LOVE to read, it's just that tv and fb just suck the time away without me even realizing how much time has passed.  The next thing I know what little spare time I have has slipped away and I haven't read.  So anyway, if you missed my reading goals for this year I have posted it here.  And these are the books I've chosen, minus a couple, for the winter months of January, February, and March.  If you'd lie to do a post of what you are reading or planning on reading for those months I'll leave a Linky at the bottom.  I always find it fun to see what other's are reading.

GOAL:  1 book a month from my longest owned and unread books
   
                From the oldest TBR box:  The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve
                                                                  The Victory Club by Robin Lee Hatcher
                                                                  Sins of the Fathers by James Scott Bell
               (these have been in my to read box for years!!)



  GOAL:   2 books per month from my owned  piles:       
                                                   
                                                                 If I Run series by Terri Blackstock (3 books)
                                                                 The Secret Wife by Gil Paul
                                                                 A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin
                                                                 Shanghai Girls by Lisa See


GOAL:  1 book per month from my library list

                                                             Us Against You by Fredrik Backman
                                                             Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale
                                                             The Curse of Misty Wayfair by Jaime Jo Wright

GOAL:  for devotional type reading  1 novella/study per month from
                   
                                                              A Lineage of Grace by Francine Rivers
                                                                      -Unveiled (Tamar)
                                                                      -Unashamed (Rahab)
                                                                      -Unshaken (Ruth)



Whew!  Looking forward to some good reading!  What are you planning on reading?  If you want to do a post on your plans, I don't care if it's a 3 month plan or a monthly plan, feel free to link it.  It must be some kind of reading goal/challenge plan though or the link will be deleted.  Happy Reading!




3 comments:

Barbara Harper said...

I'll give this idea some thought. It may be a good way to break down my larger reading goals into smaller chunks. I did enjoy the Spring and Fall reading challenges we used to participate in.
t
I read he If I Run series last year and loved it. I also read and enjoyed The Victory Club and A Proper Pursuit.

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have some good books on this list! I own some of these as well. Enjoy!

Karen said...

I like the way you are setting it up for a few months at a time. And I totally agree with you about the computer and t.v. sucking up reading time. I'm going to work on my list -- I have one for the year on Goodreads, but I like the way you are making it 'bite-size' for each season, and I may link up when I'm done. Happy reading.