Friday, November 08, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #558



Hi everyone.  Welcome to Friday and Friday's Fave Five.  Time to pause and look for blessings from the last week.  What lifted your spirits, made you smile, made your day, helped you to keep going or just plain blessed you?  What are you thankful for from the last week?

1.  A word in season.  Sunday in church, a lady who is an acquaintance came to say hello.  In chatting with her and sharing something that was going on in my life, she started to just encourage me in that area.  It was like words right from the Lord.  It was exactly what I needed to hear and totally lifted me up and gave me hope.  I'm thankful for her boldness and her compassion towards me.  I left church feeling totally encouraged.

2.  An answer to prayer.  Something that I'd been praying about for awhile and it didn't look like I was going to get the answer that I had my heart set on but in the 11th hour God answered in a amazing way.  When I finally released the thing and let it go, the answer finally came.

3.  Great time of visiting and getting to know a family better.  I love when there is an opportunity to get to know another family.  This family has been coming to our church for a long time and we chat at church but never really had opportunity to spend quality time with them and get to really know them better.  Sunday we finally made a point of it.  It was spur of the moment and it was a wonderful time.

4.  An absolutely gorgeous hoar frost morning.  The other day it snowed all day long and the next morning we woke up to a foggy kind of morning.  When darkness lifted we were left with an absolutely gorgeous hoar frost and blue skies.  While I'm so sad that autumn has basically passed us by this was a visual feast and blessing.





So pretty.  God is truly an artist!


5.  Warm mugs of tea.  Come fall and winter we tend to kick into tea mode in the evenings.  Nothing like a nice cup of hot tea to warm one up and relax.

What have been your favorite blessings this past week?







7 comments:

Gattina said...

OMG, snow already ! We still have leaves on the trees they are not all naked yet ! We have rain and wind and everybody is in a bad mood ! I would love to stay in bed and read the whole day !

a spirit of simplicity said...

The hoar frost is just beautiful. We are waking to frosty temps for the first time this season this morning. I just ordered my favourite tea and I had a cup last night. So delicious.

Faith said...

The frost and snow pics look so pretty but I'm glad it's not here in my area yet. My beloved high peaks in the Adks have some and last night the mountains over 3000 feet...the ones i tend to hike....we're supposed to get a few inches, this morning it is 25 degrees f. Our first cold morning since last March. We haven't had a real frost yet though.

Glad you received an answer to prayer. the waiting is the hardest part sometimes!!

How nice to have time to spend with the new family and get an encouraging word from a member of your church. That's a true blessing!!

I've been enjoying some herbal tea this week too! I rarely drink it other than cold autumn or winter nights. I like that most flavors i enjoy are caffeine free.

Happy weekend!

Barbara H. said...

I love those moments when God gives you just what you need to hear through a seemingly random encounter. I'm thankful God answered your prayer in such a great way. What a great time of fellowship with the family you'd been wanting to know better. That hoar frost is beautiful.

Wendy said...

Those pictures are so pretty but I'm glad we haven't had it that cold here. Sounds like it was a very positive week for you. Enjoy your weekend.

susan said...

Answered prayer and receiving encouragement are both such blessings from God. So glad you experienced these twin blessings this week. God, indeed, cares for you and let you know this in a meaningful way.

Hurray for mugs of tea. I have been trying to get back into my afternoon ritual of sitting down and enjoying a cuppa each afternoon at 3pm. So far, I have failed to make it a regular habit. But I am going to put a daily alarm on my cell phone right now. Your blessing reminded me how much I am blessed when I do this.

LOVE the photos you shared. Yes, God is truly an artist. How special that you took the time to notice and then share with us.

Have a blessed week, Susanne.

Willow said...

I love that someone was there to encourage you. That's what the church is supposed to do.

Warm tea anytime but especially in the winter evenings is a perfect match. I love an afternoon tea.

Those photos are stunning!