Friday, November 08, 2019
Friday's Fave Five #558
Hi everyone. Welcome to Friday and Friday's Fave Five. Time to pause and look for blessings from the last week. What lifted your spirits, made you smile, made your day, helped you to keep going or just plain blessed you? What are you thankful for from the last week?
1. A word in season. Sunday in church, a lady who is an acquaintance came to say hello. In chatting with her and sharing something that was going on in my life, she started to just encourage me in that area. It was like words right from the Lord. It was exactly what I needed to hear and totally lifted me up and gave me hope. I'm thankful for her boldness and her compassion towards me. I left church feeling totally encouraged.
2. An answer to prayer. Something that I'd been praying about for awhile and it didn't look like I was going to get the answer that I had my heart set on but in the 11th hour God answered in a amazing way. When I finally released the thing and let it go, the answer finally came.
3. Great time of visiting and getting to know a family better. I love when there is an opportunity to get to know another family. This family has been coming to our church for a long time and we chat at church but never really had opportunity to spend quality time with them and get to really know them better. Sunday we finally made a point of it. It was spur of the moment and it was a wonderful time.
4. An absolutely gorgeous hoar frost morning. The other day it snowed all day long and the next morning we woke up to a foggy kind of morning. When darkness lifted we were left with an absolutely gorgeous hoar frost and blue skies. While I'm so sad that autumn has basically passed us by this was a visual feast and blessing.
So pretty. God is truly an artist!
5. Warm mugs of tea. Come fall and winter we tend to kick into tea mode in the evenings. Nothing like a nice cup of hot tea to warm one up and relax.
What have been your favorite blessings this past week?