Welcome to a hot and toasty Friday's Fave Five. Won't you join us as we find blessings in our everydays from the last week and share five of our favorites? It's not a competition, it's not to compare. It's an exercise in intentionally being aware of the good things in our lives, those gifts from God whether they be big or small, obvious or a little more hidden and an exercise in becoming grateful for what we have been given. Guidelines are linked in the sidebar if you are new.
1. Fresh tomatoes. The fresh tomatoes have been coming around and they are tasty. This is the first year in many that I have not planted tomato plants and yet we still seem to be blessed with a nice amount for eating. We've been enoying them in salads, sandwiches and just as a quick bite of goodness. I love fresh tomatoes.
2. Night Out with friends. This summer was a staycation for us and one of the fun things we did was have a night out with good friends of ours. We went to the movies & saw Yesterday (which was enjoyable except for way too many instances of using the Lord's name in vain). Then we went out for supper to a local brewhouse restaurant that none of us had been too before. It was a fun evening, spent in great company.
3. Air conditioning. We switched out our dinosaur of an ac unit a couple summers ago and boy is this new one so much more efficient and cheaper to run. So grateful for it this week as it's been a hot week here and then evenings haven't cooled down much. It also has allowed us to keep our windows closed through the night which is most appreciated when some young people don't get that other people have to work and are playing basketball at the nets across the street sometimes until 1:30 in the morning!
4. Mother/Daughter movie date. Tamara and I decided to go and see Toy Story 4 on Monday afternoon and am so glad we did. I love the Toy Story franchise. Though I must admit I was wary at first thinking they might be pushing it with continuing on with the story, they did a good job with the 4th in the series. We really enjoyed it and had quite a few good laughs throughout. We haven't done a Mother/Daughter thing in a long, long time and it was wonderful getting to spend that time with her doing something fun.
5. Just a sprain. Monday morning found me in emergency with Tamara to find out if her ankle injury was just a sprain or something more serious. She'd been hiking the day before and lost her footing and heard her ankle snap. It was quite swollen and bruised. Unfortunately because it was a long weekend, no clinics were open and we'd don't have urgent care type clinics here which left only the emergency department. Which was not an appealing option but what could we do? But we were in and out in less than 45 minutes (a miracle in these parts) and that was with an xray and everything. It was just a sprain. Grateful for the super quick experience and that it was not something worse.
What were you grateful for this week?