Friday, August 02, 2019
Friday's Fave Five #544
Welcome to Friday and Friday's Fave Five. It is a brand new month and a great time to look for favorite blessings from the last week. Thanks for coming by. Please join in with us if you haven't already. Cultivating an outlook that intentionally looks for the good things from God in our ordinary everyday is what we are trying to do.
1. No kids week! This is my maintenance week where no kids come to child care but I get things done that are next to impossible with 6 kids here all day. Things like carpet cleaning, painting, sorting and repairing toys, etc. Still working but I also get some time to do relaxing things too. The work week is more relaxed because it's not dictated by the clock which is really nice.
2. Day trip to Waterton. On Saturday Hubby and I took a spur of the moment trip to Waterton, one of our favorite day trips. Spectacular mountain views and a glacier lake with trails and a mountain village are all only and hour and half drive away. It's always relaxing and mountains are our happy place. Unfortunately not many trails were open yet still because of the fires from 2 years ago. We did start to hike one that we enjoy but ended up turning back because of reports from other hikers that a bear was feeding just off the trail up ahead a ways. The bears are coming farther down to feed as the fire has forced them to source their berries closer to busy trails. We had the dog with us so didn't want to take a chance on spooking the bear. So instead we took the dog for a swim in the lake and enjoyed a sit on the water's edge and just soaking up the sunshine and the views.
3. Shopping trip to Calgary. Our son came down for the week and so on my daughter's day off we all piled in the car and went on a shopping trip to Calgary. We had fun just wandering the huge Cross Iron Mills mall. We picked up some great deals on a few things we needed and on some we totally didn't. Because we are not taking a long distance holiday this year this was a nice compromise and still makes us feel like we got away somewhere. I'm so thankful my adult kids still like to hang out and do things like this. A great supper at one of our favorite spots, The Old Spaghetti Factory, and we headed home tired and full.
4. More biking. With the lazier starts to the day we've taken advantage of the beautiful mornings and have gotten several more bike rides in and this time our son was able to join us. So fun and such great exercise. And again soaking up the beautiful days we are getting right now.
5. Good reading time. With the time off, I've gotten some wonderful reading time in this week. I've finished two books this week both of which were really good (reviews to come). That more relaxed start to the day affords some extra time to get in some reading with my morning coffee and then little breaks throughout the day have been really nice to pick up my books. I get a little work done and then reward myself with a 20 minute to half hour read. I could really get into this kind of work day but alas it's just for this week but I'll take it.
What have been your favorite blessings from the past week?