Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday's Fave Five #522



Welcome to Fave Fives everyone.  Looking for blessings in our everyday and being grateful is what we're trying to make a habit out of.  Please join us as we share 5 of the blessings from the past week.

~Caramelized Pear Tea~ found this at the dutch bakery and import store where I buy my bread.   It has made a nice hot drink in the afternoons instead of coffee or in the evening when I'm trying to warm up and be cozy from the cold weather outside.  



~belated valentine dinner out~ Hubby and I enjoyed a dinner out on Friday night.  We don't go out on Valentine's Day because we don't like the crowds and feeling like we're being rushed through.  So Friday we took gift cards to one of our fave restaurants we had received from my sis for Christmas and enjoyed a leisurely dinner out, just us two.  I had Wine Braised Short Ribs over Mushroom Risotto.  It was a perfect comfort food for a very cold night.

-an outside day~ finally a day warm enough to take the kids outside for a short time this week.  The first time in 2 1/2 weeks.  It was so good to get out and breath the air, feel some sunshine, play in the snow and move our muscles.  

~some good reads~ the last couple of books I've had have been really good.  I love getting ahold of a good book.  One that draws me in right from the beginning, holds my interest, has great characters, pulls on my emotions, has some great twists.  Reading is a blessing and having access to so many books so easily is something I don't take for granted.

~holiday monday~  Monday was Family Day in Alberta so a holiday for me and boy, was I thankful for it.  We ended up with a funeral on both Saturday and an out of town one on Sunday.  After the funeral on Saturday, we ended up helping my daughter out when she blew out a tire by hitting a curb when she tried to avoid an accident because of the slippery roads.  The tow trucks were so busy it took 2 1/2 hours before they arrived.  I needed that Monday just to regroup, clean my house and buy some groceries.  I was very thankful for that extra day off.

What were your favorite blessings from the week?





7 comments:

Willow said...

Oh wow. I'm glad you had that time and opportunity to help your daughter. But it does take a lot of time and focus. Having Monday off was a real blessing, too.
A good book will keep me enthralled for hours and days! I'm happy for you that you had time to read. Also that dinner sounds great--and NOT on Valentine's Day makes it even better.
Have a Happy weekend!
Oh--I wanted to tell you that our new pastor just moved here from Medicine Hat :)

Barbara H. said...

We don't like to go to restaurants on Valentine's Day's, either - so crowded and noisy, with long waits. We celebrated a day late, too, because my husband was traveling on Valentine's Day.

So nice the kids had a day warm enough to play outside for a bit. I'm sure that was a great help to everyone to let out some pent-up energy and enjoy the fresh outdoor air.

What a rough weekend! I'm glad you had Monday off to regroup.

Good books are a great blessing.

Faith said...

Now, what is Family Day?? I've never heard of it! And glad youmcould have a day off to remgroup. It's so needed after a hectic weekend like you had! Glad your daughter is ok.

That tea looks interesting, i have a love hate relationship with the taste of pear. I like fresh pears but not warmed pears. My oldest LOVES pears so I'll have to tell her about this tea.

Glad you could get outdoors this past week. Been mostly grey and rainy/sleety here.

Your dinner out sounds so nice!! We stay in on hearts day too!!
Happy weekend

Dianna said...

You had some very special moments in your week, Susanne! A night out with your hubby is always special and to have gift cards for the meal made it an even better treat!

I love a good book, too! When I was young my grandfather and my mother both read to me a lot and I think that did a lot to instill that love of reading in me.

I'm so glad you had that extra day off so you could regroup. You had so much going on over the weekend.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Karen said...

It's nice when a day off comes at a time that you really need it.

The tea sounds yummy. You always seem to find such good flavors. And your dinner at the restaurant sounds awesome, too. I just read Barbara's post that had photos of some delicious cupcakes. Not a good idea to start blogging before breakfast today.

Glad you could get the little ones outdoors. I am wishing for the same for when my grandkids come to visit. The house feels smaller and smaller these days.

ellen b. said...

Those days off really come in handy. Glad you could get some things done. Poor daughter having to wait 2-1/2 hours. Glad she didn't crash into another vehicle. Hope you have a relaxing weekend.

Wendy said...

Your dinner out sounds lovely and yes definitely a good idea not to go on Valentine's - always so busy. Sorry about the funerals but glad you had that extra day to regroup. Sometimes they just seem to come at the right time. Enjoy your weekend.