Friday, September 28, 2018

Friday's Fave Five #501



Just like my button all the leaves are falling!  In droves.  Fall is definitely making it's presence known this week, though winter is jealous and wants to but in.  Snow is predicted this weekend.  Yikes.  Let's look for good things this past week, shall we?  Welcome to Friday's Fave Five.


~ that satisfied sigh when you close the cover on a great book ~  I love a good satisfying end to a great story.  I don't always find that but this last week Kate Morton's The Secret Keeper did that for me.    Reviewed it the other day here.


~ the warmer fall scents of apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves ~  I just love these scents in everything from candles to soaps to lotions.   It's so comforting.

~ clean kitchen sink ~  I have been disciplining myself to have an empty and clean sink before I go to bed each night.  Now we do run the dishwasher each night but all the plastics from the day, which is a lot because of dayhome, ends up in the sink along with other things that don't go in the dishwasher.  And it is so easy to just leave it because I'm tired.  But I've been trying really hard to either get a head start on those plastics and things that can't go in the dishwasher in the afternoon right after snack time or else earlier in the evening.  And it's been happening, people!  I actually get to bed and have a nice clean sink.  So nice to wake up to rather than a bunch of dishes to do.

~ strawberry and rosemary infused water ~  I had a handful of strawberries and I sprig of rosemary in the fridge that I knew I wasn't going to get to so I infused some water with it and it was actually very tasty.  I love my water infuser jug.  Helps me to keep my water intake to a bit more decent level.

~ hearing that all the kids will be home for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks ~
best news to this Mom is knowing all her kids will be home for this favorite of holidays.  I an hardly wait.

What were your favorite blessings from the last week?





7 comments:

susan said...

I also love the Fall scents and flavours. In fact I threw a stick of cinnamon into my water jug. Yummy. Your strawberry and rosemary concoction sounds good, too.

I haven't heard about the book you reviewed. But I will go read the review after I am down here. But I do know the feeling of closing the last page of a good book. I felt that way when I finished The Outsiders (finished 2 nights ago). It has been on my list and I finally read it. Thee were a lot of tears as well.

Hurray on keeping a clean sink. I go in phases. And I am so pleased when it is a "clean sink" phase.

Have a great week.


Faith said...

How nice to have all your children have me for Thanksgiving!

I LOVE my new Jumping in Leaves soap from bath and body works and i also have the news e titled Autumn.....mmmmm...smells so good! I don't like pumpkin scented things though nor do i like pumpkin coffee!!! I have a nice cinnamon candle with a hint of fresh apple that i really like for when I'm cooking dinner.

Snow???!!!! That S word isn't allowed in eastern NYS until Xmas eve!!😜
We are actually supposed to have a very sunny and perfect autumn weekend with temps in high 60s which makes me super happy.

I love finishing good books that leave you satisfied.
I'm with you on the empty clean sink at bedtime!!

Happy weekend and hopefully you won't get that s word stuff!!!

Barbara H. said...

Wow, snow already - we're still running the AC here. The leaves have just started changing and dropping in the last week The temperatures are a bit cooler, but it has been so humid that it's really muggy out.

I love that feeling after finishing a good book. And fall scents, too! I try to have at least the bulk of the dishes loaded, though there may be a mug or something left from someone's evening coffee or snack. I hate waking up to a full sink - I feel like I am starting the day behind schedule already. Good for you for getting it done! What a blessing that all your kids will be home for Thanksgiving!

nikkipolani said...

SNOW?! We're just looking longingly on the weather app at the possibility of rain next Tuesday. Otherwise, it's still 80s for us SoCal folks.

Sheesh, Susanne. You HAD to sigh about a great book that I'm going to have to put on my TBR list. Sounds like you're really enjoying autumn -- hopefully before your winter charges in.

Ann Bailes said...

Yes, it is a wonderful thing to have the kitchen cleaned up entirely when you go to bed!!!

I'm still getting adjusted to the thought of Thanksgiving being in October. I actually think you Canadians are on to something. The U.S. Thanksgiving and Christmas are just too close together.

Wendy said...

Snow?! Poor you. But good you have Thanksgiving to look forward to with your family. I also try and clear up the kitchen before going to bed but it doesn't always happen.

Willow said...

Oh yes! The best news is that kids will be home for a holiday!

And I agree that finishing a good book is a wonderful feeling (except for wishing it could just keep on and not be done).

Flylady and you--clean sinks! I try to have mine clean when I go to bed--learned that from Flylady :)