Welcome Friday! Our time to pause and reflect and be grateful for the blessings and good things from our last week. Please join us in sharing your 5 favorites! I've had an exhausting week and this FFF is a good discipline otherwise the good stuff might get buried in the tiredness.
1. The Quintessential BBQ not cooked by me. My brother in law invited us over for a bbq on Saturday. Huge steaks, potatoes, beans, Caesar salad and Taber corn on the cob. It was a wonderful summer meal with great company.
2. Uncommitted Sunday. Sunday we made no commitments in any way and it was a nice day of rest. I even took a nap which I never, ever do. Did some reading, watched a movie with my hubby and generally did a whole lotta nothing. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that.
3. Fresh tomatoes. That bounty of tomatoes that I showed a picture of last week has started to ripen and turn red. We've had tomatoes in salads, in sandwiches, just cut up. It's been so good. Homegrown has so much more flavor than grocery store tomatoes.
4. Amazing church service. There was just something special about the service on Sunday. Everything just came together to make a really special and powerful service. The music and worship were amazing. The congregation really participated and you could hear them singing fully which isn't always the case. The message, after a little glitch with the powerpoint, was so good. I couldn't take notes fast enough. And people stuck around after and visited. It was wonderful.
5. Window shopping with a dear friend. Tuesday night Homesense/Marshals had their grand opening. The day before I gave my friend whom I haven't seen in seems like forever and we made a date to go check it out. Neither of us bought a thing but it was fun to browse and spend the time together and then have tea. We always have fun and it was so good to reconnect with her.
Those are my favorite blessings of the week. What were yours?