"Gratitude.More aware of what you have than what you don't. Recognizing the treasure in the simple - a child's hug, fertile soil, a golden sunset. Relishing in the comfort of the common. " -Max Lucado
1. Canada Day. This year was Canada's 150th birthday so there was lots of special things going on. We, however, decided to skip the crowds and went on our traditional bike ride and Starbucks stop. The weather was lovely and because so many were in certain parts of town where all the action was, it made for a peaceful bike ride on the side of town where we like to ride the most. Then in the afternoon we were treated to a delicious bbq at our friend's place. We love to go there because not only is he a wonderful cook but we all like each other's company because we can relax and be ourselves. There is not too many people we share that with so it's always nice visiting with them. Then at dark I went with my youngest and my sis to the fireworks. This year we got seats very close to where they were firing from and were right under the high ones. The show was especially spectacular this year and went about 10 minutes longer than usual due to the special Canada Day. Glad I went.
2. Mountain Day trip. I took Monday off in lieu of Canada Day being on a Saturday and hubby suggested we go to Waterton. All the national parks in Canada are free to get into this year due to Canada's 150th so you didn't have to ask me twice. My sis and her hubby came with us and we roasted hot dogs at our favorite spot, relaxed, took a nice hike to a lovely falls and then went for delicious ice cream to cap off the day. We are really blessed to have a gem of a park in the mountains only an hour or away. A lovely mountain village, miles and miles and miles of trails from super easy to a seasoned hikers dream, creeks, waterfalls, red rock canyons and so much more. It's my happy place for sure.
3. Beautiful Sunsets. No flowery words needed.
4. Air conditioning. This week I am especially grateful for air conditioning. Though usually I don't like it running frigid cold and usually do turn it off at night due to the night's cooling off nicely and because I prefer sleeping with an open window, this week I am so thankful for ac. Because I work at home and with kids it's nice to have the cool house to escape the heat for all of us.
5. Iced Coffee. I've been trying not to drink too much coffee in the afternoon but this week I've been treating myself to a tall glass of homemade iced coffee. No sugar just milk with a splash of vanilla or a dash of cinnamon.
BONUS and most favorite fave of the week...my son passed his licensing exams and is now a paramedic! I'm a proud mama and so happy for him.
What have your favorites been this week?