I can't believe it is already the end of June! This month has just flown by so fast. It's hard to remember what has actually gone on. Which is why FFF is so important for me to do each week. It makes me slow down and notice good things in life. And boy have I needed it this week. I'll not lie it's been a tough one. But there are good things there for the noticing, so I choose to do that and be thankful rather than focus on work related stress! So this week I'm being thankful for those little things that help me pull through that kind of stuff.
1. Good books. I love a good read but on a stressful week such as this was, I especially appreciate the escape that a well written story provides. I've kinda been going from one book right to another, not even really stopping to review them. I'm now kind of about 3 reviews behind, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. At least it's helping me get through my huge stack of books I've got to read through.
2. Pool time for the kids. There was 2 days this week that the weather was great for pool days. And when the kids have pool time, it's comfy chair, cup of coffee and book time in the sunshine for me while I watch them.
3. Prayer. There are so many scriptures involving praying about our concerns but one of the ones that constantly comes to mind in the stressful times is the one from 1 Peter 5:7 in the Amplified Bible:
"casting all your cares [all your anxieties, all your worries, and all your concerns
once and for all] on Him;
for He cares about you
[with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully]"
Love that! I picture myself throwing those old cares as hard as I can towards God. I'm still, however, working on the once and for all part.
4. Online grocery shops. Real Canadian Superstore in Canada has started what they call "Click and Collect". I go online with my grocery shopping list, search each item, click how many I want, checkout, choose my pick up time and for a measly $3 charge ($5 in the real busy hours) they do the shopping for me. I just drive up to the marked stall any time during my time slot, call the number and they wheel out my groceries and help me bag them and off I go. I LOVE IT!! $3 was so worth the time it would have taken me to do that shopping because in store I get super distracted and end up spending way more. This way I stuck right to the list. Did it while the kids had quiet time and picked up right after work. I even tried a couple items of produce just to see how nice (or not) it would be and they were just like what I would have picked. Score. Meat I'll leave to shopping in person but for the bulk of the groceries I'm sold on this and will use it again.
5. Infused water. I've been making my own infused waters at home with a special jug I bought and boy, it has got me drinking more water. It's so refreshing. And the dayhome kids even like it. So far I've tried cucumber (really good), orange/lime/mint (refreshing) and right now I've got Strawberry/basil/mint chilling in the fridge. Smells yummy.
Well this weekend is a long one for me as I took Monday off in lieu of Canada Day being on Saturday. It's Canada's 150th birthday so there is lots of stuff going on to celebrate all over but I think Hubby's and my traditional long bike ride will be on the agenda and then we're going to good friends for a bbq and I may even go to the fireworks. Sounds like just what I need this weekend. Can hardly wait. Hope you all have some plans for relaxation and fun this weekend, too.
What were your favorite blessings this week?