Welcome! It's week's end and time for Friday's Fave Five. Please join in as we look for blessings through out our last week and share 5 of them.
1. Outside time. It has been brutal weather since Christmas. None of us have been outside much and we were all starting to get a bad case of cabin fever. Well this week we had some warmer weather come through with a chinook and there has been some outside time each day with the dayhome kids. It is a major mess out there with slush and water because all that snow is melting very quickly but I'll take it. Fresh air always makes me feel better. And NO SHOVELING!
2. Teachable moments. You might be thinking I mean teachable moments I may have with the kids. But this time I actually mean myself. In my personal study book I thought I was getting what the first chapter was trying to tell me, I thought I knew the lesson. But a situation happened and in the moment I didn't even realize the significance until I came home and there on the coffee table lay the book. As soon as I layed eyes on it I knew immediately what had occurred. And I knew that God was trying to teach me something. Love when that happens. Though sometimes the lesson is tough, I am aware of God's love in these situations, in that He wants me to grow and learn and makes ways for me to understand.
3. Chai Tea. In the winter I am drawn to hot soothing teas in the evenings and this week I've been enjoying spicy chai tea. The spicier the better. Mixed with frothed milk and just a dab of honey. So calming to me enjoyed with a favorite tv show or my book of the day.
4. Helpful people. I am quite techie challenged when it comes to something new. My study group is doing a study that is accessed through apple tv at the church. I had no idea how to work the thing and was so grateful that someone who knew how took the time after church to give me a lesson on it. Then when study night was actually on and I turned on the tv someone had totally set it up so it went directly to where I needed it to go. No fooling around for me. So grateful both those individuals took time and effort to make something easier for me.
5. Pockets of breathing time through out the day. And don't actually mean real breathing but just little moments to catch my breath. Working with infants to preschoolers sometimes means I hit the floor running and barely have time in a day to even race to the bathroom. Just being real here. But I've been noticing that lately that there are times that I can slow down, sit down, relax, recoup. It's wonderful and I'll take it however it presents itself.
What were your favorite blessings of the week?