Hello and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I can hardly believe we are one week away from the end of June already and this is the last FFF for the month of June. Half the year is just about spent! Things would just fly right on by me if I didn't have FFF to slow down and take intentional notice of the blessings and good things of life. Join me in remembering our blessings from the last week and sharing 5 of them. If you are new, the guidelines are linked in the sidebar.
1. Celebrating 33 years of marriage!
And this is us now at our daughter's March wedding. Not so young, not so innocent but still sweet on each other!
On Saturday, hubby and I celebrated with a day trip to Calgary. A little shopping and a nice dinner afforded us the time to just let the stresses of the week disappear for the day and give us time to focus on us as a married couple. We've had our ups and downs over the years but no matter what we've remained steadfast to our committement so many years ago, we've kept our eyes on the Lord and enjoyed the good, embraced the everyday, tried to remain thankful in all things and practiced forgiveness. We've worked hard, made a few mistakes, brushed ourselves off and kept going, raised a family and launched our kids into adulthood. Now we look forward to the new things God would have for us as a couple once again. We both love this saying and I think it perfectly describes our time together as husband and wife and our life motto:
When we let go of trying to be perfect and expecting perfection from each other we could relax and let it be wonderful. So thankful for this man that is my life partner, my friend and my love!
2. Father's Day breakfast with my dad and sis. This year my Sis and I decided that instead of a big get together with all our families, the two of us would just take my dad out for breakfast to his restaurant of choice. It was quiet and intimate and we had a lovely time reminiscing about our childhoods and celebrating him as our Dad! It was different way for us to do Father's day and I think my Dad really enjoyed it. It's sometimes a good thing to depart from the usual way of doing things
3. The best sign shaker around. Right by my gym is a takeout pizza restaurant that employs young persons to stand by the very busy street and hold up and shake their sign, getting the attention of hungry, supper time traffic. The last few weeks there has been a young girl who always makes me smile when I see her. She is hard at work smiling and dancing away with that sign to the music she has plugged in her ears. What a joy it is to see a young person happy in even the most menial of jobs.
4. Beautiful couple of days.
The last few days have had wonderful sunshine. So we've been outside all morning, the kids and I, soaking it up. Wednesday we turned on the sprinkler and yesterday I put up the pool and while they cooled off and splashed away, I put my feet up and got in some extra reading time!
5. It's Friday. This week was extra busy so I'm just very thankful we are at the end of the work week and the weekend is here.
What have your favorite blessings been this week?