Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Looking for the blessings from the past week and sharing, you guessed it, 5 of them. If you are new, you can take a peek at the guidelines linked in the sidebar and then just jump right in! This has been a long week, in spite of the Monday holiday, so having the discipline of looking for blessings resets my perspective. So here we go:
1. Monday off. I always, always appreciate extra time off from work, whether it's getting off a little earlier or that precious extra full day. When you work with babes, toddlers and preschoolers in a 10 hour day Monday - Friday that extra day to get things done or to just plain wind down is precious indeed. Unfortunately it rained all weekend long so we didn't do any walking trails or biking but I did get lots of reading done and lots of coffee drank. And that was just fine with me.
2. Rain. Though it made it an indoor kind of weekend I am very thankful for the rain. Even fire ravaged Northern Alberta received some which was a huge blessing. Not much but it's a whole lot better than heat and dryness for the tireless firefighters. Everything around here is now beautifully green and smelled wonderful. Then yesterday and today warmth and sunshine. Lovely.
3. Taste of the Islands. On our dinner date, hubby took me to a favorite restaurant and they were featuring a spring menu. So we shared a Paradise salad full of coconut, mango, pineapple, greens, lime and mint with a yummy dressing. And for the main course I had macademia crusted mahi mahi with a coconut peanut sauce. Oh my goodness. If I closed my eyes I could just about imagine dining on a nice patio on a tropical island beach somewhere. That is until we went back outside into the cold rain. LOL.
4. Haircut. Funny how something so simple can just make one feel better. And bonus: the gal who washed my hair also gave me an incredibly relaxing scalp massage. Felt like a new person when I left the salon.
5. Movie night with the ladies. A fun night out with the ladies study group.
What were your favorites for the last week?