Hi everyone and welcome to this special wedding edition of Friday's Fave Five. My heart is so full and I am so grateful and thankful. I've been meaning to write all week but I've just been so fatigued that blogging was really the last thing on my mind so FFF is going to be the platform. It is hard to choose to choose only 5 favourite things but I'll just pick and go with whatever makes it to the list in whatever order it comes to me and I may have to add another post. :)
1. A beautifully perfect day. The day before the wedding it snowed! Yes, Good Friday found a good ol' spring snow coming down. But come wedding day it was overcast and during the ceremony the sun broke through behind the wedding couple in the windows behind them. I like to think it was God smiling down and approving of the union. Pictures were planned for outside so I was very thankful that it was cool but sunny and that the gardens at the venue were not a big mudhole.
2. So proud of my baby girl who has turned into such a great young woman. I can't even describe how proud her Daddy and I were to walk her down the aisle (to a song the groom wrote and recorded for her just for the occasion, no less). I think I beamed the whole way. Such a compassionate and passionate young lady she's turned out to be. We were proud to give her to her chosen young man. They are so suited to one another and I know there is good things ahead for them.
3. To see her so happy. I don't think I've ever seen her so happy. I love what her new hubby brings out in her.
4. Flower help. Good Friday my wonderful friend spent over 4 hours with me putting together all the flowers for the wedding. As if she's not a busy enough pastor's wife she took that day, cancelled a family dinner just so she could make all the flowers as her gift for the bride. They were gorgeous! I'll do a post of them later. Suffice it to say I was very grateful for her gift of time!
5. So very thankful to welcome this great young man into our family. In the short time we've known him he's just worked his way into our hearts. His love for Jesus and our daughter is what we've prayed for since our girls were little. It is an answer to prayer. He treats us with respect and is easy going. He's gifted and talented and creative and they are so suited to each other. It's exciting to watch unfold all the great things that will be coming their way as they start their life together.
My daughter Tamara, me, Kim, Mitch, Dave and our son Jeremy
Bonus fave: I'm very grateful for my niece and the groom's sis who took a whole lotta pics throughout the day that I unashamedly have stolen off of facebook. I made myself leave my camera at home and only allowed myself a few pics at the reception on my phone so I am so pleased to have so many pictures already of the grand day!
So I'm gonna stop there because I could go on and on. This Mama's heart is very full and thankful!
What were your favourite blessings this week?