Good Morning! Today is Friday and that means it's Friday's Fave Five time. A time to pause and reflect on the good blessings in our lives no matter our situations. It has been so crazy busy around the Living to Tell household. It's T minus 8 days to the wedding and this momma is getting tired! But it's been so exciting and fun getting ready to see our oldest child, and first to be married plan and pull off a wedding in a month. So on to my five which I'm suspecting might have a lot to do with all things wedding. Let's take a look:
1. Dog and cat becoming friends. When my daughter asked to bring a cat home from the shelter I was a little nervous how he would get along with the Todd, our dog. Todd has grown up with kids and cats but you just never know when introducing someone new into the mix. Well after 3 weeks I can say they not only tolerate each other but I think are becoming friends. They play and chase each other around which is really fun to watch. The cat has never hissed or swatted or gotten a fat tail with Todd.
2. Shoes found. After looking in all the main mall stores and downtown shoe stores I still hadn't found a pair of shoes that would go with my dress and be tolerable to wear all day long. I am so not used to wearing heals for more than a couple hours tops. I was really getting nervous I wouldn't find anything. But I ran to a smaller mall on the other side of town and found not one pair of shoes but two that would work. So now another decision but once I put them with the dress I knew. Whew another thing off the list.
Are these not the most lovely shoes? I'm so pleased!
3. Little things coming together. Our to do lists are so long right now that at times it seems overwhelming but I am a list girl and love to see those items being struck off the running list of to do's for the wedding! It's finally getting to where there is more things being struck off than added so that makes this lady very happy!
4. Sneaking in some reading time. Sometimes it's merely a paragraph or two but I have to get some reading in or I'm not a happy camper. Fortunately my world is still spinning the right directions with snippets of reading captured here and there.
5. Decisions made concerning work. I am so horrible at making decisions sometimes. I hash it out and rehash it over and over until it literally puts me into a state of stress and immobility. But this book we are studying at Ladies Study has helped me in a lot of ways. It helped me to identify that one of my biggest fears in life is disappointing people and that a lot of decisions, or lack thereof, in my life were made on the foundation of that fear and were sometimes putting me on the wrong path. Knowing that and searching my heart when I get into that state of immobility has really been a huge step for me. So I made that decision at work and I feel like I've been given freedom. I'm still a tad nervous when it comes to letting the parent know but I know I'm doing the right thing. I'm thankful for this study that is helping me grow.
What have been your favourites this week?
**a note about next Friday: it is Good Friday and the day before my daughter's wedding so I will not be post next week at all. Please do not let that stop you from still doing up an FFF post if you desire. I'll autopost the linky to come up that day. Happy Easter everyone!