This has been a tough week all around in the Living to Tell Household with the death of our beloved cat of almost 19 years, my good friend having major surgery and the first days after Christmas holidays back to work. Our kitty is sorely missed and tears catch us all by surprise at the most inopportune times. But this is also the perfect time for me to focus on the blessings of the week which might otherwise slip by if I did not have this discipline to help me along. So here was the good stuff.
1. A very compassionate vet to help us through the difficulty. So thankful and grateful for Dr. Penny.
2. Freshly falling snow making everything white and lovely. Even though it is cold it is beautiful and I'm thankful I can see and experience all four seasons here in Southern Alberta.
3. Fairly easy transition back to work. Sometimes when there is extended time off from childcare the kids have a really hard time getting back to coming daily and back to routine. Heck, I have a hard time!!! Except for a couple of hiccups it transitioned relatively easily and I'm very grateful for that.
4. Water with meyer lemons. I'm needing to get back to drinking lots of water. Christmas holidays found me drinking crazy amounts of coffee throughout the day because I didn't have to worry about not getting to sleep on time and about being up by a certain early morning hour. But now I'm back at work and I really need to get back to a reasonable couple cups in the morning and that's it. I've never had meyer lemons before but I'm finding I really like it squeezed into my water and I've got a whole jug full ready to pour at any time awaiting me in the fridge. Now hopefully, it will miracously help me get off the sugar kick I put myself into at Christmas. A girl can hope.
5. This video totally had me cracking up.