Welcome to Friday's Fave Five everyone! Hope you are having a wonderful week, but if it's not one of the best I hope you will still join in and look for good blessings even in the midst of the hard. That's what it's all about. Sometimes it's easy and sometimes one has to really dig deep. But there are good things if we but look for them.
For the most part I've been off the computer as my hand heals from surgery but I'll try to get through the five again today.
1. Bike Rack. I love to bike. And hubby and I take advantage on nice weekend mornings and try to get out on the bikes. I love the trails around my city and we have favourite neighborhoods that we also like to ride through. But I've always thought it would be fun if we could take our bikes to different places and explore them while riding. So we finally splurged and bought a bike rack. I'm so excited. Now I just need this hand to be able to support me holding the handles and we're off.
2. Rogue Restaurant. Hubby and I tried a new restaurant in town. It's located in an unusual location. The city's old water tower. There is already a restaurant in there but we rarely get to that one as it's quite expensive being fine dining and all, but now they have put another one on the level below and it's more of a casual type place. It's a grand view of the city and the food was absolutely delicious. It's got quite the concept. The menu will be changing completely every four months or so, and we heard that possibly the decor would too, to match the menus. Right now it was Americana. Hubby had an absolutely unique and delicious burger and I had butter chicken with saffron rice (I've never had saffron rice before), and the absolute best naan bread I've ever tasted! And bonus we could see a bit of the air show happening off in the distance.
3. My Happy Place. This year was a staycation for me because of the hand, but my dear Hubby made sure I got to my happy place once again, the mountains. We went with my sis and her hubby and it was a really nice day trip. We hiked a trail we've never done before and it took us to a gorgeous lake. My crazy dog was sooo happy that as soon as he saw the lake he jumped right in like a nut. I think it's his happy place too.
4. Lots and lots of reading. With me having to take it a bit easy with the hand, there has been lots of time for reading. I've finished 3 books so far, working on the 4th. I don't know what I would do without books. They are such a wonderful way to pass time. Inside and outside!
5. Extra friend time. With a 2 week staycation it has given me time to have friend time that is usually harder to come by when I am working. I got to have coffee with a good friend whom I don't see that often twice in this time and it's been so nice to catch up without being super tired in an evening visit or rushed on a weekend visit. I could get used to not working, I think!
Of course, like last week, I have to give my wonderful hubby a medal. He has been so helpful. He's taken me out to eat I don't know how many times, he's cleaned the playroom carpet which is always done on my maintenance week, he's done dishes, painted the swingset and pretty much waited on me hand and foot. I am truly blessed to have him.
What were your favorites this week?