Welcome to the first Friday's Fave Five of July. I don't know where you are but here it is hot, hot, hot . Very much summer. With holidays and all the little extras that brings it's good to get intentional and do a regular time of being grateful. Please join us as we look for our favourite five blessings from the last week.
1. Inspiration. People who pursue their dreams in spite of obstacles thrown at them in life. What an inspiration this 14 year old is. He could have made a million excuses to quit but he kept chasing his dream. Made me cry.
2. Ladies Study Group wrap up dinner. For our last night we all headed to a fave restaurant here in town. It was a wonderful time wrapping up a great year with these ladies. I've never been part of such a great group of women from all sorts of walks of life. They challenged and encouraged me as the leader of the group. And it was so nice to wrap up the year doing something fun. The food was excellent and the company wonderful.
3. Ice Cold glass of peppermint tea. It has been so hot lately and finding something other than water has been a bit of a challenge since I've cut sugar to a minimum in my diet. Hate phony sweetners and I'm not a big fan of the stevia either. But steeped peppermint tea that has been chilled and filled with ice? I can drink that with no sugar whatsoever! It's refreshing, it's zero calories, the smell is wonderful and relaxing, it aids digestion and it's ice cold so it cools me off. What's not to love?
4. A very relaxing day off doing favourite things. Just in case you didn't read yesterday's post, these included biking, starbucks, grilling burgers and reading. Lots of reading! The perfect day off in the middle of a work week!
5. A new favourite scent from Bath and Body Works....French Lavender and Honey. Don't know why but I just really like it at the moment.
What have been good things in your life this past week?