Hi everyone. Welcome back to another Friday where we take a pause and look for the blessings in our lives and be thankful for them. I get that some weeks are harder than others and it's hard to look for good things or you just aren't motivated to. I had one of those weeks this week too. Between yet another issue with my leg and other stressors this week, it has been a bit of a toughy. But that's why doing this on an intentional regular basis is such a good thing. It causes me to refocus and gain some perspective. Thanks for joining in with me.
1. Date at the movies. On a spur of the moment decision last Saturday, Hubby and I took off to the movies to see Woman In Gold. We both loved it! I really liked Ryan Reynolds performance in this and Helen Mirren was also really good. But Tatiana Maslany, who played the younger Maria Altmann really made the movie for me. Did I mention she was Canadian? As is Ryan Reynolds? The show is based on a true story and I loved how they went back and forth between the present and the past as unfolding events brought up memories of the Nazi's occupation of Austria to Maria. Good thing I too kleenex! A great date with hubby.
2. Hubby making the Costco run. Yesterday by the end of the work day, my leg and foot were sore and my ankle swollen. So my gracious hubby did he Costco run and picked up some supper there too so I wouldn't have to cook. So thankful that he just jumped in at the last minute and having a busy day himself.
3. Premade meals at Costco. Homemade is always best but when ya gotta bring in a meal you gotta bring one in. And Costco has some good choices. Love the chicken pie and hubby also bought a delicious Greek salad. Call dinner done!
4. New paint in the bedroom. My hard working hubby has been tackling the upstairs now and freshening everything up with a new coat of paint and new baseboards. He finished the our bedroom this week. It has gone from a darker color to a lighter, fresher look. I love it. What is it about putting a nice new color up that totally lifts the spirits and makes you love your space again?
5. A purring cat cuddling as I type. My sweet old kitty, she's 18 years old! And she is sitting next to me purring away while I do this post. I love a purring cat. The sound is pure comfort to me. Love my old girl.
Well we are supposed to wake up to a rain/snow mix in the morning. Sigh. But the moisture is much needed and I'll take it because the weekend is supposed to get beautiful! I want to wish all the Moms out there a very happy Mother's day.
So what good things can you find from your week?