Happy Spring everyone! It makes me so happy to say that! I know around here spring comes in stops and starts, we are expecting snow this weekend, but it is spring snow and the end of winter is in sight. I hope my friends down east can find some relief from the crazy winter they have had and start to see the light at the end of a very long wintery tunnel. But even in the midst of weather woes, there is blessings to be found. Let's look for them and share 5!
1. A perfectly relaxed Sunday providing lots of reading time. I love these Sundays where I don't have a bunch of chores and running around left over to the last of the weekend. Church in the morning, my mom over for lunch and then putting my feet up with a cup of coffee and a wonderful book.
2. My dishwasher. My goodness, this has been a favourite this week. I don't know what happened this week but between my own family and a dayhome I swear those dirty dishes are multiplying somehow so I am very thankful that I have a dishwasher. Otherwise I think I'd be standing at that sink for a good part of my day!
3. Taking extra time with a dear friend who will be moving a province and over a mountain range away. Oh how I will miss this girl! It absolutely breaks my heart. We've been having lots of extra coffee time and shopping time and just doing things together time. I'm very thankful that because I work at home she has been able to pop by, that we've been able to share some time on the weekends. So thankful for the friendship we share.
4. Date night with my honey. And he took me to a specific restaurant just so that I could get a favourite meal off of a feature menu. I sorta suspect he really wanted to go another restaurant that was a wee bit less expensive but he put me first. I'm very blessed to have a hubby who thinks of me. Next time he'll definitely get the pick of where he wants to go.
5. A great quote that really makes me think. I found this over at my friend Laura's great blog in this post. Really made me think!
"Simplifying isn’t just about removing the things in our lives that we don’t love or use,
it also means removing the things that affect us negatively
even if those are things we love and use."
And those "things" can be ANYTHING. In many ways, my life is way less busy and complicated than it used to be. All my children are now young adults and no longer need me driving them around to activities and jobs. That uncomplicates my schedule immensely. But that being said, I have to intentionally take note of what I commit myself to now as I can tend to be overly involved myself. I think it's because I work at home with preschoolers and it's a stress reliever to get with other adults and away from the house for a while. And my inclination is also to love shopping and "stuff". But all that "stuff" needs cleaning, organizing, and maintenance. Which itself creates it's own kind of stress. Lots to mull over in that quote for me.
What are your 5 favourite things that brought a blessing to your life this week?