Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. A place to stop and pause life so that we can actually stop and notice the blessings in that life. Finding five from the last week and recording them and sharing them helps me to keep perspective and promotes gratefulness in my life. Please join me in this. Guidelines are here if you've never participated before.
Updated with correct link in #3
1. This post on time management and focus for Christian women. I found this post very timely for me. This time of year is super busy for me with a double whammy of obligations at church and sometimes I take on way too much. This post helped me to see that as a Christian my time management must start with time with God to find out what should be on my plate and what shouldn't. I'm a person who has a hard time saying no and if I'm putting things on there that God is not calling me too no wonder I'm feeling overwhelmed and stressed. Maybe some of you too can relate?
2. Operation Christmas Child boxes from church delivered to the collection center. Yipee! All done and one step closer to getting to the kids. And a blessing within the blessing was my son driving them to the collection center and unloading them all for me. It's something that I like to do but I was pressed for time and he had a couple of days off this week. So I stepped aside, note #1 above, took it off my plate and gratefully gave the task over to him.
3. A special gift from my hubby. It was such a simple gift but boy did it tell me he loved me. There was a new worship song that I was really liking. I emailed the youtube link to him because I knew he'd like it too and to ask him to add it to my list. When I collect up enough songs he purchases them on itunes and makes me a CD filled with my favorite songs. When I got in the car the next morning and turned it on, out of my speakers come the sound of that song! He had taken the time to get that for me the very next day and had it right on mark in the car so that when I got in I'd be hearing it. What a great guy! If you're super curious and just have to know it's this song.
4. Trying a new recipe and having it work!! It was delicious!! I didn't go through all the steps with the potatoes. I just halved baby potatoes and threw them in the roasting pan for the last half hour of cover off roasting. (That meant I didn't use the second half of the oil). Yum, yum.
5. Laughter. There is nothing like sharing in some good belly laughter with others that makes the soul feel wonderful!
Bonus: Happy Birthday today to my wonderful hubby!
What were your favorite blessings this week?