Friday, August 22, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #296
This week has been a pretty uneventful week here at Living to Tell. In a sense, that makes it so much harder to do a Friday's Fave Five. No big shebangs, no big moments...just one moment melting into another all week long. It's probably a good thing this little 'ol meme of FFF is around so that I can focus and actually take notice those blessings. Please join me and find your own five that you'd like to share from the week.
1. A bike ride all on my own. When I go on a bike ride it's usually with my hubby. It's one of our favorite summer time activities to do together. But last Sunday he wasn't available and I had the itch to go for a ride so I went on my own. Now I loooove our rides together but that particular afternoon it just felt right being alone with my own thoughts and just having a little time with the Lord. It was beautiful outside and I rode in an area we usually don't bike in together, I got in some exercise enjoying something I like to do. Altogether a lovely hour.
2. Supper cooked for us by friends. We had a lovely bbq steak dinner cooked for us by dear friends on Saturday night. It was a lovely evening of good food and good company.
3. A fairly quiet week at work. During the summer the weeks are up and down as families are on holidays. After a very hectic week it was really nice to have a week that was more slower paced with less children. It was also a week where it has been raining almost daily so it was nicer to have less children being cooped up. I could give more individual attention and they played really nicely together.
4. The smell of rain. How I love that scent and wish it could be bottled in it's true form.
5. Selling the large table out of the craft room. I had a huge solid wood table that dominated the little kitchen that is my craft room. I don't know why on earth I kept that one instead of the smaller one I originally had but I've been regretting that decision for years. This one totally took over that small room. I picked up just the right size at a neighbor's yard sale for cheap and was able to sell the bigger one within a couple of days and get it out of here. This was a real blessing for me and it feels so much better in that room now. Funny how sometimes you don't realize that something is just taking over until you actually have it gone and then you wonder why it took you so long.
So there some blessings hiding in my week. I just had to look for them. What were your favorites this week?
Posted at 12:00 AM
Labels: Friday's Fave Five 2014
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for mentioning the smell of rain. I remember it. We need rain so much here. Please send us some of yours.
You a brave woman to bike on your own. Do you ride the streets or bike paths?
Hurray on switching out the tables! It's encouraging to me to read others are doing the downsizing thing.
Oh, that #4 has me wishing for a scent of rain! I love the sound of your dinner with friends. Such a blessing to the soul to have good friends. Have a wonderful weekend, Susanne.
I LOVE the smell of a summer rain.....and am doing that right this moment as I type this!! It's not even 8 a.m. yet and it's been raining steadily since we woke up at 6. I love the smell! Yay for downsizing....it must feel good to have the table you actually like. One of my fave summer activities is getting together with friends for BBQ...we haven't done it much this summer but I always enjoy it! Lovely that you had less children to care for. Enjoy your weekend!! ( i bike ride all the time alone!! i love it....but it's nice too when Dave can actually come with me)....:)
Longing for the smell of rain. Had a bit over summer.. Calif. in a drought. Blessings sometimes are hidden, always fun to find those nuggets.
I am very happy not to have the scent of rain ! I am on holidays in Southern France and the sun is shining !
Love aha moments like those where life is made easier. Having someone prepare a meal for you is a very special treat. Have a great weekend.
I wish it were pleasant enough for a bike ride here. It's so hot that I don't want to be out between 8 am and 8 pm! :)
How nice of your friend to prepare a wonderful meal for you! Those are nice relaxing times with friends.
Rain, love that smell, wish we had it more often.
We all need a quiet, uneventful week sometimes. :) It's been raining here most of the day, but I haven't really been outside much to catch the scent of the rain. Definitely something to enjoy during the summer! I haven't been on a bike ride in forever. Glad you were able to get out for some "alone" time.
I love the smell of rain, too.
How nice to have a dinner cooked by friends!
I always love making changes in decor. Getting a table that fits in your room better sounds like a winner.
Those uneventful weeks are some of the hardest to come up with five faves, but that's also when it seems to be the most beneficial time to look for them.
Love the smell of rain.
Glad the week was a little lighter at work.
I know what it is to have a decorating conundrum that we suddenly get the time or impetus to deal with - so nice when it finally comes together.
A bike ride on your own, sounds like so much fun.
Supper cooked by a friend, that too :)
And I absolutely adore the smell of rain, there is nothing like it.
Have a great weekend Susanne.
Since I watch my granddaughter 3 days a week, I can relate to being cooped up when it's raining. I can't imagine more than one ... how did I do that when my kids were little??
Also, the scent of rain--no candle or air freshener imitation can do it justice!
Your bike ride sounds heavenly. It's nice to just enjoy our own company sometimes, isn't it?
Post a Comment