Friday, April 18, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #281
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I don't know who will be posting today as it's Good Friday but I thought I would put it up anyway. I had a crazy busy day at work and had a commitment last night that didn't see me home until late so was not able to get my own list done up but I will be back this morning to do that. Meanwhile please feel free to link up and visit each other.
If you can't make it back I want to wish you a Happy Easter. May you reflect on everything this Good Friday means and everything Christ has done. May you know the love of God towards you and may Sunday find you celebrating the Risen Christ!
Well I'm finally able to quickly get on the computer and jot down some favorite blessings from the past week. I don't think anyone will be back for it but I like to have my own record.
1. Workout and Supper with a new friend. I met this lady in church when they started attending last fall and discovered we go to the same gym and she's started attending my ladies study group. What a dear friend she is turning out to be. And how fun it was to have a workout partner for that session. Our little dinner turned into a 3 hour chat on everything under the sun. Such a wonderful time of connection.
2. A New Series at church entitled "Jesus is...". Last Sunday was Jesus is Grace and it was so good. Looking forward to this Sunday's "Jesus is Risen"! I love that fact that as a church body we are exploring and getting to know intimately who it is that we worship and serve.
3. Greek (Mediterranean) Salad. Hubby and I have really gotten into raw veggies lately and I have to say that this is one of our favorite ways to enjoy them. Cherry or grape tomatoes, red onions, kalamata olives, feta cheese, cucumbers. Sometimes I add romaine, sometimes rotini pasta. All dressed with Kraft Greek with Feta and Oregano dressing. Yummy!
4. Peacock feathers to decorate with. On a splurge purchase, I bought three feathers to poke into my decorator jar on the mantle and I surprisingly I really love it. It does need a couple more so I'll get them tomorrow to complete it. I'd take a pic but the camera is out of commission for the moment.
5. Good weather forecast. We've got nice weather forecast for the Easter weekend. I hope it comes to pass but the thought of it makes me happy.