Friday, March 07, 2014
Friday's Fave Five #276
Well here we are, the first week of March 2014 done and history. I can't believe how fast this year is going. But I am so ready for spring, that it can't come fast enough, This has been one long, cold winter! It's supposed to be a nice weekend but so far this week none of their temperature predictions have come true, it being colder than they predicted. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! But anyway, onto the business at hand which is looking for the good things in our lives. The weather may be frigid and uncooperative but there are other things I find that have lifted me. What about you? Care to join me in sharing five of your favorite blessings from the week?
1. Getting caught up on some reading. The last month I've made a concerted effort to knock some of the books of my reading pile. Some were due back at the library so if I wanted to read them I had to get to it, one was a review book that I just got behind on because it was non-fiction and those always take me longer, and some have just been lingering in my book bag. It felt good to get to some of those.
2. Good discussions at ladies bible study. This group is a great blessing to me. They are always really good about jumping into the conversation and sharing their thoughts and/or knowledge. It's so much better than me babbling on by myself!
3. Pineapple Tea from Hawaii. My friend introduced me to some lovely black tea with pineapple. So delicious and because it's black tea it's providing me with flavinoids which apparently are low my diet. But I just like that it's delicious.
4. Good results from a medical test I had to have last week. Getting that letter saying everything is just fine was a weight off my mind.
5. My Panini maker. Man I love panini sandwiches. Regular sandwiches I can take a pass on but make that sandwich into a panini and it somehow turns into this flattened, toasted, melted hot bite of flavor. Pair it with a great soup like this one which I made on Monday to beat the cold and it was one good supper.
My faves this week were just seemingly simple things but they still were good things in my life. That's the way blessings are: sometimes simple, sometimes huge but any way they come it's good to look for them, take note of them and be thankful for them. It's what makes life good! What are your favorite five blessings from your week?