Welcome everyone. It's been a really full and busy week and I've been quite missing in action all week on the old blog but I sure don't want to miss these Friday posts. It helps me to slow down and notice the good things that might otherwise slip past with me being barely conscious of them. Please join us as we find our fave five blessings of the week! If you need the guidelines they are linked in the sidebar.
1. Road trip to see Oldest Daughter on the long weekend. It's a long drive, 6 1/2 + hours, but oh so worth it to see her smiling face. With it being Remembrance Day on Monday it gave us that extra day to go see her. We need at least 2 nights there otherwise it's not worth it go because of the length of time spent on the road, so this long weekend was the perfect opportunity. The weather held out and we had a great weekend.
2. Shopping excursion in one of my favorite stores. While visiting our girl, we went to Homesense which is one of my favorite stores. We don't have one here, so I'm always happy when hubby suggests we go there. He knows it will make me happy and he's willing to indulge me a bit.
3. Butter Trufle Tea. Smooth and buttery, perfect for cooler days. A touch of honey and milk, a blankie and good book and I'm set.
4. Some good reading time. Road trip means lots of pages are going to be read. Relaxing in the evenings in the hotel room means extra time to read too. Love it!
5. Starbucks Creme Brulee Latte is back. What a nice surprise it was to find the Christmas drinks at Starbucks are featuring and that means my favorite of all is here! Yummm!
What were your favorites from the week?