Hi everyone, she says, scuffling her toe on the floor. I totally apologize for the absence of FFF last week. For those who didn't read my post yesterday, I was away at a women's conference and had auto-posted the FFF. Or so I thought. Apparently, in all the hectic moments of getting ready, I pushed the save button rather than the publish button. So no FFF showed up. Which leads me right into my first FFF for this week.
1. Caring bloggy friends who checked up on me to make sure all was all right. What a sweet bunch of friends I have made in this world of blogging. Thanks so much for the care.
2. The women's conference. I am still processing and thinking on everything experienced and learnt. It was amazing to meet together with 600 other women.
3. Getting to know other women from my own church. There were 6 of us who drove up and attended the conference and I roomed with 2 I didn't know well. What an honor to get to know them better and hear their dreams for their families and lives. Deeper friendships formed from this weekend.
4. A surprise great deal. Last night hubby and I did our Thanksgiving shopping run. If you aren't Canadian you might not know it is our Thanksgiving this weekend. Anyway, hubby and I were keeping an eye out for a small carpet we needed beside the bed. Nothing seemed to suit or was way over what we wanted to spend. Finally we came across one we agreed on. It was the last one left and it was sort of tossed on a pile in the $49.99 bin. After humming and hawwing over the price, it was still too much in our opinion, we rolled it up and took it to the till. It rung in at, wait for it, under $14.00 including taxes. We tried to tell the girl it was wrong but she insisted it was right. Whoo hoo. We paid and skidaddled out of there thinking someone would surely be running after us to tell us it was a huge mistake. Sorta felt like the lady in this commercial:
It just wasn't that store. And we did try to say it might be an error but apparently it was our day to be blessed with a rug for next to nothing.
5. I'll leave you with a thanksgiving quote on this Canadian thanksgiving weekend.
“A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all other virtues”
Marcus Tullius Cicero
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends. May you all have a great weekend.