It's Friday and that means it's time for Friday's Fave Five. Join us as we choose to look for the blessings that come throughout our week. It can come in all sorts of forms. A happy event, a simple or profound quote, a child's comment, a gift presented. Those are just a handful that come to mind. You might find yours in other moments during your week.
1. Spoken so well. This post. I love when there is a well spoken post that makes a great point without crushing or putting another person down. This is one of those.
2. Sung so well. Love this kind of performance on a popular talent show. That she put her faith totally out there in such a bold and beautiful song and how it touched everyone, most of whom did not know the song at all. This lady brought the touch of the Lord to a secular show. Gave me chills!
She starts singing at 1:48 but her background clip is interesting. Can you believe this lady is 54, a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 7?
3. Works so well. My air conditioner. This week we are in a heat wave. Today was 30*C (86*F). That is getting up there for us even in the midst of summer. But for September is hot! So thankful for an air conditioner.
4. Checked in so well. This week was my check in with my fitness goals and results at the gym. Ugh. I've been discouraged lately. For some reason, I think I'm working so hard but the results just don't happen fast enough or show fast enough. Especially since I had not one, but two knee injuries, that put a kabosh on my workouts for more than 2 1/2 months! But lo and behold when weight and measures were taken, there was progress made since the last check. Not huge, but still not stagnant and thank goodness, not going the wrong way! Thankful for slow and steady change.
5. Reconnected so well. Blessed this week to have lunch with a couple who both were friends of mine in elementary school and are now married. It's nice to see people from when I was a kid and to be able to catch up and see how their lives have fared and the road they are travelling.
What are the moments in your week that brought you blessing?