Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday's Fave Five #249


It's Friday and that means it's time for Friday's Fave Five.  Join us as we choose to look for the blessings that come throughout our week.  It can come in all sorts of forms.  A happy event, a simple or profound quote, a child's comment, a gift presented.  Those are just a handful that come to mind.  You might find yours in other moments during your week.


1.  Spoken so well.  This post.  I love when there is a well spoken post that makes a great point without crushing or putting  another person down.  This is one of those.

2.  Sung so well.  Love this kind of performance on a popular talent show.  That she put her faith totally out there in such a bold and beautiful song and how it touched everyone, most of whom did not know the song at all.  This lady brought the touch of the Lord to a secular show.  Gave me chills!


She starts singing at 1:48 but her background clip is interesting.  Can you believe this lady is 54, a mother of 3 and a grandmother of 7?

3.  Works so well.  My air conditioner.  This week we are in a heat wave.  Today was 30*C (86*F).  That is getting up there for us even in the midst of summer.  But for September is hot!  So thankful for an air conditioner.

4.  Checked in so well.  This week was my check in with my fitness goals and results at the gym.  Ugh.  I've been discouraged lately.  For some reason, I think I'm working so hard but the results just don't happen fast enough or show fast enough.  Especially since I had not one, but two knee injuries, that put a kabosh on my workouts for more than 2 1/2 months!  But lo and behold when weight and measures were taken, there was progress made since the last check.  Not huge, but still not stagnant and thank goodness, not going the wrong way!  Thankful for slow and steady change.

5.  Reconnected so well.  Blessed this week to have lunch with a couple who both were friends of mine in elementary school and are now married.  It's nice to see people from when I was a kid and to be able to catch up and see how their lives have fared and the road they are travelling.

What are the moments in your week that brought you blessing?






8 comments:

Willow said...

I loved that letter from Mrs. Hall. I wish more girls would read it. Going to point it out to my daughters to keep in mind with their kids.

Isn't it fun to catch up with long time friends?

I hope it cools down for you soon. It's warm here too and usually our warmest months are August and September and into October a bit.

nikkipolani said...

Heat wave? Southern Alberta? Wow. We're glad the AC is working too ;-) And glad that your slow and steady physical progress continues.

Faith said...

We had such similar weeks!! Major heat and humidity here so AC on all week. And I ran into old friends that are part of my FFF AND I had a good work out too! With slow results but some of that is our age you know!! Love her singing...always have...and I will be back to read that post you linked. Gotta get going to work! Enjoy the weekend

Hazel said...

She is 54?! Wow! She's a joy. Yay to the fitness progress, AC and reconnecting with old friends.

Barbara H. said...

I thought the letter was well-written, too. Believe it or not, there has been some acrid backlash to it online. You almost can't take a stand for basic decency any more without getting pelted, even from other Christians.

We're still running our AC here, too.

Glad you are making progress with your fitness goals!

It's fun to reconnect, and so it is so infrequent that it can happen with those we've known that long.

Lynette said...

We're still having very warm days also. Central air was repaired on Wed. thank goodness.Enjoy your weekend.

Snowbird said...

Goodness me....a heatwave? we seem to be having monsoon weather!

A well written letter, well done Mrs Hall.

Good to hear you are losing weight and inches.....long may it continue!!!xxxx

Kathie said...

So glad you're week is going "so well"!! :)

I have the AC going here too but not because it's so hot - just so humid. It helps clear the air and makes it easier to breathe. I couldn't do without mine!

Way to go on the fitness goals. Slow and steady is best. I'm back to working out more regularly too. Just at home - youtube is great!

Now I'm gong to check out your links

Have a great weekend Susanne! Thanks for hosting FFF as always!