Welcome to a lovely summer Friday. It's going to be a hot day today, well hot for this area anyway. So let's take this moment and look for our blessings from the last week and share 5 of them. With all the flooding stuff happening here in Southern Alberta, I found my mind and eyes totally absorbed on the television for days so when I think back there are some things from the week before that didn't make the list simply because my mind was so onto something else. So I'll share some of those this week, too. So here we go. Please join in.
1. Father's Day Breakfast. How I forgot this I don't know because it was darn delicious. And it was nice to have the whole family together for Father's Day for the first time in years. Because Oldest Daughter was here for a wedding she was also here to celebrate Father's Day. We headed to a delicious breakfast place Hubby and I have tried before. It was a treat to take the kid's there. We all enjoy breakfast out. This time I had the Eggs Benedict. My mouth waters as I look at the picture.
Soooo good. Both my girls had raspberry crepes that were chock full of raspberries and had a delicious sweat cream sauce. Yum. Does this not look good?
It was a wonderful way to celebrate their Dad.
2. Celebrating Father's Day with my Dad, too. He's getting up there in years. And we've had our ups and downs. But he's my Dad and I love him. It was a blessing that we were still able to have Father's Day with him.
My brother-in-law cooked a wonderful steak dinner, my sis did the sides. Yummy! And I took dessert and it was delicious if I say so myself. A berry trifle with Lemon Curd Whip Cream and Butter Rum pudding. I'll have to post the recipe this week.
3. Unique Bouquet. Hubby surprised me with this gorgeous bouquet for our 30th anniversary. He said if we couldn't make it to Hawaii he'd bring a little Hawaii to me. So sweet. And so gorgeous!
4. This quote on prayer by Max Lucado.
What a freedom and blessing to know that it's not my efforts in prayer, or how loud I pray or the fancy words I may or may not use. But it is the power of God who we pray to.
5. No rain on the days this week where I have a full house in dayhome. Yay, I can get the kids outside where they can burn off all that energy. And today is movie day. So that means a nice quiet afternoon.
What are your favorites from the last week? Thanks for joining in with me and the others who take this moment to look for good things.