Friday, May 10, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #242
Hi everyone! Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I'd like to start with a little apology for not getting around and visiting everyone who joined last Friday. A three day headache just wiped me out and the thought of reading a computer screen was just too much. I'm just glad I had a couple of posts that were already scheduled to go up. But we're good to go now and I'm glad to be back in here. I missed visiting you all.
1. The Weather. The talk of town around here is definitely the weather. We've gone from winter straight into summer! One extreme to the next. The last couple of days have been hot and Sunday is going to be in the 30's C (86*F). That's like the heat of summer weather around here. What happened to spring and the gradual warming of the earth? One day I was wearing hoodies, jeans and socks and the next I was desperate to dig out my capris and tank tops. But I'll take it. It's so nice to be outside enjoying the sun.
2. First Bike Ride of the Year. Sunday Youngest and I dusted off the bikes and went for our first bike ride of the year. It was a gorgeous day and I'm looking forward to many more rides this summer.
3. Rain shower. We had a little rain shower in the middle of the day. I love those as they refresh the air and make it smell so nice.
4. An "emergency" massage. I know, it sounds absolutely self indulgent and ridiculous. Since when are massages an emergency? But after a 3 day headache and a mega knot in my back that just was getting progressively worse, I finally broke down and called my massage therapist. She graciously got me in that same day and what a help it was. She worked that knot out and by the next morning the headache was going away.
5. Ice cold water with a lime wedge on a hot day. I just love how refreshing it is. And it has been hot around here lately so I fill my water bottle with ice and cold water and throw in a lime wedge or lime juice and sip on it all morning. Way better than a sugary drink.
What have been your favorites this week?