Hi everyone and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. Please join us as we look for 5 blessings in our lives from the past week. If you need more info or guidelines then please click on the link in the sidebar.
1. Afternoon at the movies. Hubby and I enjoyed an afternoon at the movies, which is a rarity for us, especially since the library brings in most new releases now. But we went to see the movie Home Run. It was a decent movie, about a pro ball player hitting rock bottom and coming to terms with his abusive past, his present alcoholism, the power of forgiveness, redemption, recovery. Vivica A. Fox was wonderful in the movie as his agent who is always having to put a spin on her player's constant getting into deep trouble. She provided the needed lift to what would otherwise be a very heavy topic to watch. Not a blockbuster by any means but a decent movie. It was a nice afternoon spent together doing something we both enjoy.
2. Morning singing of spring birds. It's been so wonderful hearing their song throughout the morning every day. A sure sign of spring. There's has been a new song I haven't heard before but I haven't been able to spot the singer yet. But it sure has been relaxing listening to it.
Photo courtesy of Rob W via stock.xchng
3. Sunshine and warmth. Last weekend was supposed to be beautiful weather and warm but it didn't turn out that way. While it did try to get warm we were hit with a crazy dust storm on Saturday with crazy winds. Sunday they dust wasn't there but it still wasn't that nice. Monday was a crazy day of a smorgasbord of weather. Rain, hail, thunder, lightning and snow. And of course wind. So weird. So come the middle of the week, I was almost giddy with joy to see the sun trying to peek out and yesterday was a beautiful warm sunny day.
4. Cappuccino ice cream. Need I say more?
5. Moments of time to snatch reading here and there throughout the day. I usually have a couple of books on the go and they are usually within reach for that small pocket of time that I can pick them up and read even a page or two. That is definitely a blessing with the job I have. But I also love the bigger pockets of time where I can sit down with a coffee and everything is quieted down and I can actually do some focused reading like during quiet time or in the evenings. It all feeds my love of reading whether is a page or two or a chapter or 5.
What have been your favorites from your week?