Friday, April 12, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #238
Welcome to another spring day edition of Friday's Fave Five. Even though we are expecting snow this weekend, spring is definitely in the air. The birds are singing which always makes me happy. The sunshine is getting warmer on the skin and we're spending more time outdoors. So join me as we look for 5 favorite blessings from the week. If you need the guidelines, please click the link in the sidebar.
1. This post at Time Warp Wife. Confirmation on some things, said in a different way, that we've been learning in the Beth Moore study. I love when that happens because it helps me to retain it better and apply principles to my own life rather than just forgetting about it soon after the initial exposure to it.
2. I did it. I made the jump. The jump to a new reader that is. After totally stressing out and panicking when the news first came down about Google Reader shutting down on July 1st, I did what I usually do, went into denial and ignored the fact for weeks. But I finally got motivated this week to check out some of the options that Sandra at Diary of a Stay At Home Mom graciously looked into. And I did it. I connected with Feedly. Super simple transfer, it was the push of literally one button, and it will two-way sync with Google Reader until it shuts down, so you can use either reader until then and any changes will automatically transfer back and forth. After playing around with it for about a week, I'm really liking it as I learn it. Sandra has links to the page of various platforms so you can just click over to her post to check them out for your personal browser. So, one stressor off my my list. Whew.
Now if anyone knows how to delete a blog list out of my Blogger account I'd love to know. I uploaded there in a sheer panic at losing my list of beloved blogs and now I don't know how to get them out of there.
3. Finding a forgotten about gift card. I had received a gift card to a restaurant for Christmas that I had tucked away to use the next time we go visit my Older Daughter as they have that restaurant in her city too. It helps keep the expense of the visit down a little bit. But on our last visit there, I had passed it on to hubby before we walked into the restaurant and he promptly forgot about it and didn't use it towards the bill. So I tucked it back in my wallet. And forgot it. But last weekend after an especially long work day, I remembered it and it was wonderful just phoning in our supper order, picking it up and eating it at home in peace and quiet while deciding on a movie to watch. It was truly a blessing that was perfectly timed. I love gift cards as gifts!
4. Frank's Red Hot Thick. I had no idea this came in a thick version but when I saw it at the grocery store on an end display, I grabbed it. Thinking it would be perfect for this chicken that I make because of the fact that it was thick. And sure enough, it made the dish so much better. It "stuck" to the chicken so the bite of hot flavor came through so much better. And when my son gets home he'll be thrilled to see it because it's thick it's also a dipping sauce. That kid can handle hot stuff really well.
5. A morning totally to myself. Such a rare occasion and it was wonderful.
What were your favorite blessings from the week. They could be big or small, it doesn't matter as long as it uplifted you and brought something good to your life.