Friday, March 22, 2013
Friday's Fave Five #235
Welcome to Friday's Fave Five! I'm just sitting here staring at my springy daisies on my button and then looking outside at all the snow. The two just don't reconcile. Oh well, there is still many blessings beyond blue skies that I can look for throughout the week. Though ironically, that is one of my faves this week. Welcome to spring in my neck of the woods. It can give a person whiplash! Join us in sharing a look at some of the things that have blessed us throughout the week. Guidelines are here.
1. Listening to hubby laugh openly. While watching a Phil Callaway live dvd I had purchased for him because he couldn't come with me last week. He doesn't usually laugh out loud, more of a silent laugh kinda guy, so it was most enjoyable hearing him really laughing as he watched the dvd.
2. Bluray and dvd cabinet. Finally, finally, finally. After searching for about a year, we finally found a little cabinet that is perfect for all our dvd's and blu-rays. It's simple and fits perfectly into the spot that we needed it to. So glad to be able to store our collection of movies.
3. Best meatloaf I've ever made. I grew up really disliking meatloaf. I didn't make it for years after getting married. But hubby likes meatloaf so I started to try different recipes and to experiment with my own ideas. Yesterday, I made the best ever. The meat combo and spices and stuffing was awesome. The gravy turned out perfect and the smashed potatoes were just right. The fellas of the family were very happy and very full! I'll have to share the recipe sometime when I get it written down.
4. Off an hour early on beautiful sunshiny day. It is rare for me to be off before 4:45, so when I surprisingly got off the other day by 3:30 on a day with sunshine and blue skies, there was no hesitation and no second thought. I put on my shoes, grabbed Hubby and the dog and got outside to enjoy it. We went for a lovely walk, about a mile, which was sheer heaven as I've barely been able to get around the block without pain for 2 months now since I injured my ligament. I'm especially grateful I took advantage of that wonderful sunshine as it's been snowing since yesterday, yet again.
5. Beth Moore study. The ladies in church are doing the Beth Moore study Breaking Free. It is Intense with a captial I. I love that it's filled with tons of scripture and you go through every one in the daily studies. There is lots and lots of reading. But boy is it good. Light bulb moments all through her videos and the personal study time. It goes into the book of Isaiah alot, which I've never really studied or dare I admit, even read. There is so much there that I've been missing! Love when I can get into a good study with a group of ladies.
BONUS FAVE: If you haven't already heard, Google Reader is shutting down. I was shocked. And then panicked. I hate when that kind of thing happens. I had anxiety when Bloglines did it, I almost had a cow when Picnik went down and now Google Reader is doing it. Anyway, that is not the fave. The bonus fave is Sandra from Diary of a Stay At Home Mom immediately went to work researching and reading. And she posted other options here. Thanks Sandra for doing all that legwork!!!! You don't know how much stress you have removed for me (and I'm sure lots of others). Now I just need to know how to unfollow my list in Blogger which is where I uploaded everything in a panic.
Thanks for joining in with me today. I love visiting you all and am very much encouraged by reading your favorites. I realize that sometimes it is hard to look for positive, uplifting things in our lives and I know that sometimes some of you are doing it as a step of faith. You don't know how that blesses me! I pray that it becomes second nature no matter what life is like at the moment and that you are are uplifted by the exercise too! I appreciate you all!