Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. It's Friday so that means it's time to find blessings in our last week and then to choose five that you'd like to share. I knew I was tempting fate when I put up a lovely springy, flower and grassed filled button in celebration of a some lovely days the week before. This last week has been filled with cold and a blizzard and more snow. But there has still been other things that have turned out to be blessings.
1. Hubby asked me for a date and took me for a wonderful steak dinner. We usually reserve that kind of a meal for a special occasion so I felt very special when out of the blue he took me to our favorite steak house in town. The company was lots of fun and the meal was delicious. I ordered the Sirloin Oscar which is top sirloin with shrimp, scallops, asparagus and bernaise sauce. The stuffed potato was out of this world. I ate every bite and topped it off with a yummy creme brulee. Delicious.
2. The Bible on the History Channel. A five part mini-series, the first part was this last Sunday. Hubby and I really enjoyed this new version by Mark Burnett. According to the beginning of the show, they are trying to stay biblically accurate. Of course, now they have the cool CGI effects to really show off the stories. We've seen Abraham's story, Moses story and the Isrealites being brought out of slavery in Egypt, Lot's story and his wife turning to a pillar of salt and they left it off at the part where Rahab is going to hide the spies. Looking forward to part 2.
3. Yankee Candle - Orchard. Picked this candle up on a whim when the last thing I totally needed was another candle but I couldn't resist. Peachy, orangey, limey. It smells absolutely delicious. I was going to wait for spring to burn it but I just couldn't resist.
4. Day Road Trip with my sis. This was the day before the blizzard. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. Not cold and calm with no winds. It was cloudy but that was a bonus because it kept the sun out of our eyes as we were driving. She's wanting to go to a conference so we went to look for the location and find hotels that were close by where it was being held. She doesn't know that city at all and didn't want to be looking for these things in the dark when she arrived the weekend it was being held. It was lots of fun spending the day with my sis. Lots of laughter as the GPS totally got us lost. Apparently, the GPS does not do this city well, we later found out. But it was fun.
5. This video cracked me up until I cried.
A good laugh goes a long way. Found on Pinterest via Stephanie Davenport-Ramey here
What have been your favorite things from the week?