Well, what on earth happened to this week? Before I knew it here it was Thursday evening. Lots going on over here at my house, amongst them, me fighting headaches and a cold. Blech. But there is good things happening too and I'm going to focus on those and be grateful!
1. The opportunity I have to be able to buy my family gifts for Christmas. Our church does food hampers by assigning each homegroup a person or family that needs one. Contributing to one of these always makes me realize how very truly blessed that I am. I may not be as well off as so and so, or have a big fancy new house or go on trips all over the place, but there is so much that I do have. I am humbled that I am within my budget to be able to just go buy most of the things I would like to give my family for gifts.
2. And along with that, doing up a Christmas hamper, with a group of ladies that I'm close to is a lot of fun. Planning whats to go in it, everyone contributing, and packing it up is fun. I'm blessed to be with a great group of people who make all sorts of things fun.
3. Like our Ladies Study Food and Fun night. We put the study aside for an evening and just had plain fun. Lots of yummy finger food, conversation and games. Love our Christmas night.
4. Oldest Daughter home safely for Christmas. At this time of year, the weather can get awful. It can turn just like that and be pretty brutal on the highways. But she had an absolutely beautiful day to come home. Though in her city one province away the weather is about 23* C colder than here and has about a couple feet of snow, the highways were clear and driving was good. I'm so thankful for that.
5. Groceries are the only thing I have left to buy! So glad about that. Things were up in the air as to what meal was happening at which location, I think it's all been decided and we are good to go. Looking forward to it.
I want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas filled with God's love, joy and peace!