Well this week has been one of those that was overwhelming, busy and frustrating. But that is the whole point of FFF, is to look and find the blessings that maybe are not quite so prominent or obvious and may be hiding on those tougher weeks. Please join in with FFF this week! The guidelines are here if you've never read them.
1. Comfy warm bed. Especially feels more wonderful as the weather has dipped to under freezing a couple of times this week.
2. Grocery shopping almost done. It's Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada. Which means dinner at my house. Oldest girl is coming home and bringing a guest so when all is said and done there will be about a dozen people. I finished up most of the shopping last night. The only thing left is the turkey and I'll be going for that tonight.
3. Root canal done! I am so glad this is over. After struggling with a phantom toothache since pretty much spring, the decision for a root canal was made by myself and my dentist. I'm still going through the end aching but it's diminishing more each day and I'm looking forward to totally no pain.
4. Liking the new dentist. My regular dentist retired in the spring. I've been going to him for over 20 years. Probably more like 25. It's a little nerve wracking trying someone new. I really trusted my dentist so to switch to someone totally new was scary. But the dentist they assigned me to seems to be a really great fit. Understanding and empathetic, he tried everything first before the root canal. He asked me several times if I needed a break and he had a wonderful sense of humor which distracted me just like he probably planned. So far, thumbs up and I hope I've found another dentist I can stick with as long as the other one.
5. A really hard working hubby. He's been working like crazy to get the floor in and ready in the craft room/kitchen downstairs so that we can have everything ready for company this weekend. I so appreciate him.
What have been your favorites this week? I'm going to be a bit absent this weekend as it's Thanksgiving and we'll have my girl home. I'm looking forward to lots of time with family making memories. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!