Our last summer Fave Five of 2012! Welcome everyone. Thanks for joining me once again to look for things in our week's that were good, that were blessings, and that were uplifting.
1. Kitchen: all done! Whew, that was intense what with keeping the dayhome going through it all. I think what I found the hardest was putting everything back. But I finally figured it out, everythings working, hubby finished the tiling. Now we just need flooring and a patio door as the one we have is rotting out and it will be complete, but that will be for later. I look around and love it. Pictures of the before and after coming on the weekend.
2. A gift of tomatoes. A friend's mom again gifted me with tomatoes this year. What a blessing. So colorful and delicious. We have had tomato almost every day in one way or another. Tomorrow I'll make a big batch of spaghetti sauce. I see some homemade lasagna in the near future.
3. Panini sandwiches. Jalapeno bread, bacon,above mentioned tomatoes: a slice of red and a slice of yellow tomato, spinach, homegrown sweet onions and gouda cheese made one delicious dinner! I love what a panini grill does for a sandwich. It takes a big thick sandwich and squishes it into a grill-marked crispy, melty, yummy goodness.
4. Fall flowers for my front step. I love a splash of fall colors on my front entryway steps. I was all set to get a big pot of mums but when I went to get them the store was closed. I was so disappointed but then I found these beauties at another store and I'm so glad I missed out on the mums. They are called Living Lanterns or Chinese Lanterns and bloom August to October. They can also be cut and made into dried flower arrangements.
5. Good shoes. I bit the bullet and bought myself a new pair of shoes for the gym and I'm so pleased with the ones I chose. A new to me brand, Asics, fit nice and light, breath well, and best of all for me, I'm not having side foot pain during the workout. And the bonus, I got them half off the retail price they are here in Alberta. Yipee!
What have been the good things from your week? Be they little or huge, it's good to recognize them and make note of them and be thankful for them. God is good! If you've shared in a post, please join the linky with your specific FFF post and enjoy visiting other participants. Have a great weekend everyone!