Welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I can't believe we are more than halfway done April and Friday has snuck up on me this week. But it is Friday so that means looking back and taking notice of our blessings throughout the week. Join on in as we share our five favorites. If you haven't read the guidelines before, they are here
1. Night out with the girls. At ladies study we have finished up with the book we having been doing since September so we went out to a movie and coffee for a fun night to celebrate. I love these fun nights as they bond us in friendship along with learning God's word together.
2. The smell of my quilt after it's been hanging outside in the fresh air and sunshine. Instantly transports me back to childhood. My mom hung all her wash out to dry and no chemically produced fragrance can match that smell. Throwing my quilt over the deck railing for the afternoon is a more subtle version of my mom's freshly washed sheets, but it is just as comforting.
3. A devotional that is speaking into my life exactly what I need. I don't usually really get into devotional books for extended periods but this one is really speaking into my heart things I need right at this time. I've gone over and over some of the meditations with much prayer and underlining. I have a very stop-start relationship with devotionals but this one has really hooked me. And the funny thing is I think it's written for business people but the devotions can sure be applied to life period.
4. Craft room slowly getting organized. Have been getting this much used room into a more organized state. And I've been tough with myself throwing out things I haven't used. When you have a dayhome you tend to keep a lot of crazy stuff thinking it would work in some kind of craft for the kids. But when it's been sitting there forever and a day and you haven't used it, you probably are not ever going to. Unless less some lightning rod of creativity hits which in my case isn't likely. Out it goes. And it feels good lightening up the load in that room.
5. Swinging open the windows to fresh air. Or I should really say cranking them open but whichever way it's put the result is still the same. Wonderful, spring scented air breezing through the house.
What have been your faves for the week. Big or small, they are all uplifting. If you share in a post, link that post up on the linky. Don't forget to visit a few new friends on the FFF and have a great weekend.