Welcome everyone to the first FFF of spring! Hopefully, it's starting to feel like spring where you are! It's a bit of a mixed bag, typical to Southern Alberta, for us here. This morning we woke to snow on the ground and by this afternoon it was warm and sunny with no snow to be seen. As long as there is no wind, I'll take it! Anyway, we're here to find and share our blessings from the past week! Please join us. If you need the guidelines, please go here.
1. "It coulda been worse"...Well in the middle of writing this post, I ended up having to take my son (20) to emergency because he had something in his eye and couldn't get it out even after 45 minutes of trying to flush it out. Why did this end up on my faves list? Because first of all, it turned out whatever it was wasn't there any longer and he just has a scratch. No having to try to pull something out. Good news. And second of all, it was the shortest emergency room trip I ever remember, clocking in at just over 2 hours. It all coulda been worse and I'm very thankful it wasn't.
2. This recipe. I had forgotten about this recipe. Had forgotten how easy it wis, how fast it comes together and how totally delicious it is. In a desperate search of my blog for recipes, I found it and threw it together in the original version for supper. Oh my. Soooo good, even now my mouth waters. I stirred a small handful of chopped cilantro at the end and about a 1/2 cup of drained, diced tomatoes. Lots of compliments coming my way at the end of this supper.
3. Scentsy plug in warmer and "Spice Bazaar" scent bar. Made my whole house smell like a lovely cup of hot chai tea! And it wasn't overpowering, just a nice lovely scent. I've got the spice bazaar car scent in my car right now too. Love this stuff.
4. Bringing out the spring decorations. Out are going the winter whites and in comes the fresh greens, yellows and all my birds. I don't do a lot of changing up of decorations but enough to freshen up the look each season. This weekend should see me finish it up.
5. Later setting of the sun. I love that the days are extending themselves. I see bike rides and walks in the evenings coming my way!
What have been your favorites this week. Link up your specific post, and not your home page please. It makes it so much easier to find it for those who can't visit around until later in the weekend. If you don't know how, shoot me an email and I'll walk you through it. Have a nice weekend, everyone!