Friday, December 02, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #168
It's the first Friday of December (can't believe I just typed that, where oh, where did that year go?). Anyway, that means it time to look for blessings that happened over the last week. Are you ready to take a look no matter what you're week was like. I encourage you no matter how the week shaped up, whether good or bad or indifferent, to take a moment or two and look for those things that brought a smile, a lifting of your heart. If you are new, you can go for the guidelines here and then just join in.
It's been quite a week around here and I feel like my brain is really muddled but I know there are blessings that have snuck up on me if I just take the time to look. So here are the five that I've chosen to share for this week:
1. A day with no wind. The day before yesterday was a day with no wind. And for that I am very grateful. It has literally been windy since Monday before last. Howling windy. And Sunday Southern Alberta saw an extreme wind storm like I don't remember before. I mean we're used to wind. But this one was crazy. Anyway, we had a one day reprieve on Tuesday. A chance for my 7 day headache to subside and disappear before the howling all started again. And for that one day, I am very grateful!
2. Tea that relaxes. There is just something about a cup of nice, hot tea that relaxes and soothes the soul. Lemon/mango, organic peppermint and my favorite: lemon meringue have all done their job this week to bring the calm in a chaotic type of week.
3. A cozy fireplace burning (or at pretending to) even if it is electric. With the wind and snow blowing yesterday, I turned on that handy, dandy switch and got the electric fireplace blazing. Not actually, though it did give off a nice glow of fake flames and gave the cozy feeling.
4. Watching my crazy dog playing in the snow. He loves snow, my crazy doggy. He was out there throwing his tennis ball around and prancing around in the blowing snow. Watching him definitely brought some smiles.
5. Ladies Bible Study. This week's study was sooo good. Even though what we are studying is very challenging (we are taking on a book about offense) the conversation was lively, hearts were open and vulnerable to God's truth, we learned and we laughed so hard we couldn't breathe. So good for the heart and soul!
What have you're favorites been for the week? Share in post and sign in on the Linky, grab a cup of warm coffee or tea and have a nice visit with the others. I hope you all have a very relaxing weekend. With no wind! :v)