Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October Moments in Time 2

We've been busy as bees around here at the Living To Tell Household.  
Fall is definitely setting in.  


The buckeye is wearing her glorious fall dress.
And she's starting to shed it, leaf by leaf.
And there are a lot of leaves on her branches.
So that means lots of raking.


It is dark when I get up now.
Very dark.
Which means my duvet feels extra cozy.
And I don't want to get up.
But I have to.




Fall means cleaning out the flower beds and getting them ready to rest over the winter.



They look so empty after their bright, colorful filled heyday of spring and summer.



This is just the beginning of the bags of yard clean up.
There will be many more joining them in the next week or so as the 16 towering aspens start to shed their leaves.


The last of the homegrown tomatoes that I was blessed with have turned red.
And have been turned into more spaghetti sauce and salsa.

The t-shirts and shorts have been packed away.
And out have come the cozy sweaters, sweatshirts and jackets of cooler weather.
Evenings are time to cozy up with a soft fuzzy blanket, a good book and a hot drink.



What has been filling your fall days?






6 comments:

Mom24 said...

Your buckeye tree looks beautiful!

I love fall. It's funny, it's dark here when I get up, but that's at 6:00. By 6:38 it's nice and bright. I, too, hate to get up out of my cozy duvet. :/

Your tomatoes look delicious!

ellen b. said...

Panic! has been filling my days and I'm going to leave that behind now and put some things in order to get through October and November in peace with God's help :0)

Faith said...

Love your tree!! It is soooo hard to get up..i have to get up at 5:45 a.m. when Claire does (dave gets up at 5:30) it's soooo much easier when it's May-Sept! lol.....

I'm having a HARD time getting used to teaching full time....i really miss my afternoons to blog, get housework done and errands run....but...I AM thankful for the job...just a big adjustment and these dark hours are not helping! lol

Carrie said...

You actually took a picture of your clock in the dark!? I woudl be distinctly lacking in motivation to do such a thing at that hour of the morning. =D

Lisa Spence said...

Ack! My flower beds are in terrible shape! That's certainly something I need to be doing! :)

nikkipolani said...

I'd no idea how pretty buckeye is in the fall. I was thinking of how dark the morning is (probably not as dark s your mornings as you are farther north), but then I missed my alarm clock this morning and woke to sunlight. Oops.