Welcome to Friday's Fave Five everyone! It's a place to share our blessings from our week. Take a look back over the week, whether it was good or bad, and look for those moments that bought joy.
1. Inspirational Movies such as "Gifted Hands". I knew about Dr. Ben Carson after seeing him do several interviews years ago but hadn't realized they had done a movie about his life and work. An amazing man, with a deep faith in God, who just happens to be the world's best pediatric neurosurgeon. His story is absolutely inspiring as he was bullied as a child and thought himself as stupid as a youngster, always receiving failing grades. Cuba Gooding Jr. is one of my favorite actors and he played the doctor wonderfully which was just icing on the cake for this movie for me. It's a great show to watch with your preteens and teens. Now I, of course, want to read his book.
2. Gold Kiwi. From New Zealand. Gold flesh, not as fuzzy, super sweet and more of a delicate taste than regular kiwi, it is absolutely yummy. But at twice the price of the regular, it was a once in a blue moon treat.
3. Touring the showhomes. It's a tradition, every year my friend and I pick a night or two during the fall 2 week showhome tours, jump in one of our vehicles, grab a Starbucks and head off to look at some amazing homes. Everything from high end, upgraded everything, million dollar executive homes to regular family homes. It's a fun way to spend an evening doing something we both like, and it's free. I decided I really like medium brown maple kitchen cabinets, curved staircases, and I really hate the super upraised sinks (I'm talking a good 6 or more inches, I have visions of knocking my teeth out on the edge of them when I would sleepily bend over to wash my face in the morning) which seem to be all the rage this year. It's fun to look at the "in" colors, the new gadgets, the designs, and all the "newness" but at the end of the day, I am thankful for my home that I get to come home to.
4. The Sing Off started it's new season. Love this show! I've always loved accapella and harmony and this competition brings the most amazing talented singers. I cannot believe they don't use one instrument and it's all voices. It makes me wish I could sing. Even a little bit.
5. It's Friday. It's soon the weekend. Yup, I like that.
What are your favorites from the week? Look for the blessings and share them with us.