Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday's Fave Five #157


Hi everyone!  It's time for Friday's Fave Five!  Join in as we look back over the week and find some favorite uplifting things and then share them.  Guidelines for posting are here.

1.  Starbucks tradition with my youngest.  Once a month my youngest and I have massage appointments to help with our individual back issues.  We pass a Starbucks on the way home and we've started stopping after our appointment for a treat.  It's a great one on one Mother/Daughter time.

2.  And speaking of Starbucks, Pumpkin Spice latte is back.  Yum.

3.  Homemade chicken noodle soup.  Because it was so darn cool this last week, a bowl of soup sounded good.  I looove homemade chicken noodle soup.  It's total comfort food to me and reminds me of my childhood and my mom.  Perfect for a cold end of summer day.

4.  Long Bike rides ending with an ice cream treat.   Hubby and I took advantage of a nice morning and went for a long bike ride together.  We love doing this.  And he treated me to a Marble Slab treat. Usually I order a apple & spice ice cream with graham cracker stir in.  Tastes like apple pie ala mode.  I just love it so never change but this time I thought I'd live on the edge and I tried a Lemon Custard ice cream.  Oh, my.  So good.  Dietetic?  No.  Delicious.  Absolutely.

5.  Making my list and checking it twice.  No, not a Christmas list, but my  reading list for this event coming next week.  You might as well stamp "nerd" across my forehead but I find it so much fun searching out and choosing which books to set as my goals for this reading challenge.  Digging through my book basket, browsing the library, checking the bookstore.  So much fun.  I think I've pretty much got it set.  Just have to do my post, finish up the last of my summer reading this weekend and I'm ready to roll!

What have been your favorite uplifting moments from the last week.  Share with us in a post and don't forget to sign up on Mr. Linky linking to your specific FFF post please.  It makes it easier for those coming to visit you to go directly to your post.  Have a great weekend everyone!

24 comments:

nikkipolani said...

Your mother/daughter time sounds wonderful. And your homemade soup and ice cream treat. Would you like to adopt me?! Just kidding -- hope you have fun with your books.

Susan@FruitfulWords said...

I'm not much of a bike rider, but if I knew that Lemon Custard ice cream would be waiting for me, I'd take a spin. The lemon ice cream does sound delish!

Massages are great for body ailments. I have massages for my (healed) broken arm. It is amazing how I've been able to get back some mobility because of the regular massage. So nice that you and your daughter are able to do this AND have Starbucks. It sounds like a great bonding time.

Pumpkin Spice latte - YUMMMMMM.

Have a great week, Susanne.

Willow said...

Your book event link goes to Marble Slab ice cream! That's my kind of reading challenge. LOL

MMmm, a bike ride that ends up at an ice cream parlor. What's not to like? Our special bike ride treat is often Starbuck's coffee time.

Susannah said...

Oh, sounds like a terrific week for you. Yes, I saw that Starbucks is serving Pumpkin Spice Lattes... started right after Labor Day! It's too hot here in AZ for those just yet. Hmmm, I wonder how one of those would tasted iced?

Thanks for hosting, Susanne!

Gattina said...

How nice your mother/daughter day ! That's the advantage of having a daughter, I have a son and he lives 200 km away in Amsterdam.

Hazel said...

The bike rides reminded me of a film, the title I can't remember but I remember the bike ride scene was very refreshing. It was in the countryside to boot. A book basket sounds like my kind of possession. Pumpkin Spice latte - gosh, just what I need today. What a lovely week you have, Susanne!

LivingforGod said...

Bike rides that end with an ice cream treat sound fantastic :)! I also enjoy chicken noodle soup.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

Stamp me with "nerd," too -- I'm checking out your event!

Lemon Custard Ice Cream? Sounds awesome. Have a great week ahead, Susanne!

Kathie said...

I think Lemon Custard ice cream would be my new favourite - I go to an ice cream store here that has 60 flavours but no lemon. I'll have to pass on the idea.

Your mother/daughter time is so great - a bonding time and a memory-maker. Good for you Susanne!

Looking forward to your book list - I'm a book nerd too :)

Happy weekend!

Jientje said...

An ice cream treat after a long bike ride seems like a great idea. After all, you already burned the calories, didn't you? I had some quality time with my daughter too this week. Without the Starbucks, that is. I'd love to try that latte, sounds delicious!

Lynette said...

Starbucks has a new yummy treat. Fudgy on top, shortbread on the bottom, pretzels in the middle all drizzled with carmel. De-lish!

ellen b said...

Ha! My nieces have been talking about the Pumpkin spice latte's this week, too. Homemade soup is always so satisfying. Enjoy choosing your books for the Fall! Have a great weekend.

Carrie said...

The Pumpkin Spice latte is back!?

Oh help me.

Have a great weekend!

Susanne said...

Not a coffee person, but I am working on my reading list for that event too. How many books are you planning on tackling?

Barbara H. said...

Lots of neat treats, both in food and fellowship!

I made homemade potato soup for lunch one day this week then felt guilty I hadn't made enough for the whole family. Will have to do that for dinner one night this coming week. The cooler temps outside make soup so cozy.

I've only fleetingly thought of what books to read for the reading challenge -- I need to get busy! I have stacks, so it's just a matter of choosing.

Jerralea said...

Yum, Lemon Custard ice cream sounds so good! So does the homemade chicken noodle soup!

Have a wonderful week!

Kari said...

Oh how I miss Starbucks. The Pumpkin spice latte sounds yummy.
How lovely for your mother/daughter times and ice cream treats after a bike ride sounds real nice.
looks like you've had a lovely week.

enjoy your books - I just joined the book club here.

Faith said...

oh i Luv mother daughter dates!! but with mine it's always ice cream (she isn't old enough for coffee yet...and my oldest is too far away now to do a coffee date with me :( ) I love bike rides too! I haven't tried pumpkin spice by starbucks as I'm not a big starbucks fan but maybe DD will come out with a pumpkin one (or I'll try Green Mountain)...great list this week Susanne..I'm hoping to do the Fall Into Reading challenge but not sure yet...i'm still reading 2 books from my summer list! lol!

SONDRA PRICE said...

YUM....Pumpkin Spice Latte! This is so my favorite time of the year.

Karyn said...

It sure was a week for soup, wasn't it? A sudden switch up in temperatures up here - was it the same there?

Both of those ice cream flavors sound wonderful! My DIL always talks about Marble Slab....I may have to go there one day, if only to try apple pie ala mode in a cone. LOL

I'm going to check out the event - I've noticed you participate in these challenges each season and it looks like fun. (Maybe I'm a nerd too?)

Anonymous said...

I recently started to read once again when my computer had crashed a few weeks back. It feels so good to read an actual book :)

Lisa notes... said...

I’ve never made homemade chicken noodle soup, but I should. And then take a long bike ride after eating it. ha.

I’ve been making and revising my fall reading list too. Such fun, huh? Have a great weekend.

Catherine said...

How nice that you and your daughter spend that special time together.
It was chilly here today and I couldn't resist a pumpkin spice latte while we were in Barnes and Noble. (It was so nice of them to put Starbucks in all the B&N stores!)
And that might lead you to guess that I'm a huge book nerd, and I think your event sounds great! Have fun Falling into your reading. :)
-Catherine

Donnetta said...

Oh yes... had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season yesterday! YUM!!

Your tradition with your daughter sounds wonderful!