Friday, April 15, 2011
Friday's Fave Five #135
Hi and welcome to Friday's Fave Five. I just about put up my winter button this week, and if you want to know why, go here, but I just couldn't do it. So we keep the tulips and we will move along and look for our favorites out of the week.
1. This Book. I originally saw it highly recommended by Carrie and I am so glad I took her recommendation. It was an excellent read and kept my interest from the first page to the last. Thanks Carrie. My review is here (scroll to #11). That makes 6 completed off my Spring Reading list.
2. Celebrations. At our ladies study this week we had a party to celebrate accomplishment of one of the ladies graduating and recieving her Master's degree in psychology. We have watched her go through a 2 year journey of going back to school and all that entailed to watching God provide for her in every way even when circumstances were saying otherwise. We've watched her faith grow and we are so excited to see what awaits her.
3. A purring, cuddly cat. Lately our cat, Muffin, has gotten back to being affectionate and cuddly once more with me. She really started to get that way with me last year but when the new puppy, Todd, came to live with us she bolted and pretty much stayed downstairs for the first few months. She started hanging out in the living room again with us and now she's starting to get affectionate with me once more. I've missed it so I'm soaking it up when she offers it.
4. A new jacket. My jacket's zipper finally bit the dust a couple months ago. I finally picked up another one last weekend. I love it. It's super light weight and yet warm for those colder spring days. It's keeps out the wind which is a necessity around here, is a gorgeous blue color and best of all it was $30 off.
5. Sharing a Costco supper with youngest daughter. It wasn't so much what we ate, it was time spent together, without rushing to be somewhere.
What were your favorites this week? If you're new you can get details here, then do up a post and join us by adding yourself to Mr. Linky. Please link your specific post and not your home page so it makes it easier for others to come by and read your FFF post. Have a great weekend everyone.