Friday, December 24, 2010
Friday's Fave five #119
1. K. home for Christmas safe and sound. We're so glad K. made it home safely and is able to stay for almost 2 weeks. We really miss her around and it's been wonderful just having her here! I'm going to soak in as many minutes with her as I can before she has to head back in January.
2. A new puppy! This little guy is definitely on the list for favorites this week. Since Samson passed away we've really felt his presence missing in our house. We are pet people. We've finally admitted it. So we brought this little guy home from a family who was just overwhelmed with small children and a rambunctious puppy and felt he needed a better home. We've been enjoying the craziness and laughter a puppy brings. He's a three month old Pom A Poo (Pomeranian Poodle). We're still throwing names around. Getting 5 people to agree on that is a miracle in itself.
3. All the baking. Yum, is all I can say.
4. Fresh turkey. This is my first attempt at a fresh turkey and brining. I'm quite excited about it. Wish me luck.
5. Christmas goings on. I have to admit, I love the season. I've just made a concerted effort this year to choose the things we attend, to choose to find the joy rather than wallow in the stress and I have to say I have been really enjoying almost every moment of it. We'll see how today goes. I have to bake a birthday cake for my youngest's 16th birthday tomorrow. Christmas Day. Yes, she had the audacity to make her entrance at 12 noon on Christmas Day. The little whippersnapper. But we'll have fun celebrating tomorrow. And hopefully everyone will be so full of turkey, the cake will taste good no matter what. LOL.
If you are able to join in, please do. And if not, from my family to yours, we wish you a very Merry Christmas and a wonderfully joyful holiday as you celebrate the birth of Jesus.