Well, this has just been one of those weeks that not a whole lot was going on outside of the norm but there were some difficult things thrown into the mix. So I'm really glad for this exercise that makes me more aware to look for blessings in the more mundane weeks and through the rough moments of life. So here I go:
1. Big kisses from a sweet one year old. One of my dayhome kids, when she is going home, puts her lips into the biggest, cutest pucker you ever did see and leans right in to give me a kiss. Makes my day.
2. Making it home. That would be making it home from the downtown core after hearing an awful thunking in the van. I was so glad, after experiencing the thunking and the chugging that the van made it home with no issue. I did not fancy being caught downtown by myself at nighttime with a broken down vehicle.
3. Friendliness in my car club person who answered my call and from the tow truck driver who came to take my van out of my driveway and take it to the transmission repair garage. When something bad happens it's so much easier emotionally when you have friendly, smiling folks who act with some empathy towards you.
4. Still bbq'ing in November without having to wear a parka while I'm doing it. We bbq'd burgers for company on Sunday. It was a beautiful day. A bit cloudy, a little cool but I was out there cooking with no jacket at all. I can't remember the last time, if ever, being out there bbq'ing in November let alone without having to wear a coat.
5. Friends who are encouraging. Nothing beats a friend who encourages and uplifts with their words and actions. The journey in life is so much easier when there is someone in your life who just naturally is an encourager and cheers you on. I hope I am that for someone too.
What have your favorite things been this week? Have you had a rougher week like me? I encourage you to look back and find those smaller things that might be hiding but really are blessings when you search for them. If you do a post, sign on to Mr. Linky to the specific post please, not your home page, so that we can come and visit. Have a great weekend everyone.