Welcome to Friday's Fave Five! I can't believe it is Friday already. Where on earth did this week go? And Fridays mean it's time to look back over our week and look for those five favorite things, big or small, that were a blessing in our lives. Please join in with a post and then link on up so that we can visit you. If you are new, you can get the details here, and then just jump right in.
As I was saying, I can't believe it's Friday. This week just crept right up on me and Friday totally took me by surprise. It must have been the long weekend. Which brings me to my first favorite.
1. Long weekends. And to be more specific, a basically relaxed long weekend like this past one. I really needed a weekend that had no obligations, no where to be and that is just what I got. I even slept in on Monday, which is something that usually never happens.
2. Hot apple crisp with vanilla ice cream melting all over it. My favorite dessert. And the Younger girl has made 2 batches this week to use up apples that were given to us. Yum, somehow it tastes even better when someone else makes it. She did a wonderful, yummy job for her first attempts.
3. A book that got into my hands with perfect timing. I was asked to do a book tour for a certain title a few months ago but didn't start this particular book until a couple of weeks ago and boy God's timing and how He uses the right thing, in this case a book, just amazes me. I thought the book would be about one thing but it has turned out to be so much more and it is really speaking to me. I'll be posting the tour and doing a review in the next few days. But the favorite thing is knowing God's timing is perfect. Had I gotten this book last year I wouldn't have been ready to receive a lot of what it is saying. My head and heart just wouldn't have been in that place. He can bring about just the right thing to open my heart to something He wants to show me and in my case it was a book. And this in turn speaks to me about how much He loves each one of us and knows just what we individually need at what time.
4. Coupons that let me try a new product for free. Now that's my kind of price! Love when I can give something a try and get a cheque back in the mail for the total amount. And then the bonus: loving the product.
5. A cuddly cat. Our cat has been awfully cuddly with me lately. Sitting with me every night. And I've been enjoying every minute. There is something so comforting about her soft fur snuggled right into me as I blog or read and as she purrs away. I'll take it anytime.
What have been your favorites this week? If you do a post, link on up with us so we can come and visit!