Thursday, June 03, 2010

Friday's Fave Five #91

Sorry for the delay in FFF getting posted. My wireless connection is not behaving itself.


It's Friday's Fave Five time! Are you ready to look back on your week and find those blessings? Please join us. If you need details, they are here.

1. The skies. Skies and cloud formations have always fascinated me. I've always loved looking at them and enjoying God's artistry in them. And I love taking pictures of them. I posted a few pics in this post. That grey one was absolutely amazing. My neighbor and I were talking over the fence when we noticed it and both of us ran to get our cameras. My daughter thought I had outlined it somehow using a photo program but I didn't. That is how the cloud was, straight out of the camera, streaks, outline, and shining white spots. I've never in my 29 (ahem) years seen anything like it. The other two were when the blue sky finally broke through the other day. But Wednesday night? Wednesday night was the most incredible orange sky ever.


I just had to run out and try to capture at least a smidge of what it was like.


The skies have definitely been a favorite this week.

2. A night of food and fellowship with the girls. Our ladies bible study girls decided to just have a night of fun this week instead of our regular study. It's a nice break in the routine and really lets us bond as friends in addition to being a bible study group. I wish I would have gotten a pic of the food, it was delicious, and the fun. But I totally forgot to take my camera.

3. Soft Serve Ice Cream. Oh yum. Son works at the DQ and once in awhile he surprises us and brings home a container of ice cream. I really like it better than the ice cream you buy at the grocers.

4. Dishes done and the fella who did them. Thanks to hubby for surprising me and unloading the dishwasher and scrubbing up the pots when he came home on his lunch break. That was so nice!

5. Answers to prayer. I love when God brings a specific answer to prayer and you just know it's been Him who has brought it.

What were your favorite blessings from the week? Share with us and link on up. Please link to your specific FFF post and not your home page so those visiting later in the weekend can find it easily!


28 comments:

Jientje said...

What a thoughful hubby you have! That sky is amazing as are the clouds from the previous post. They look just like paintings!

You made me crave icecream now!

Melissa said...

Sounds like a wonderful week! The sky photos are gorgeous! And thoughtful husbands and sons are a great blessing. :)

ellen b said...

Oh my...you captured some beautiful skies out your way. Glorious colors...
What a nice treat hubby served you with. Love it. Glad you got a fun night out with the girls...
Answered prayer is such a blessing.
Have a great weekend Susanne!

Jerralea said...

Love those photos! Isn't God great? He made such a beautiful world!

A hubby that will do dishes for you is definitely a blessing.

Food and fellowship with friends are another blessing in life.

I love DQ ice cream too ...

Cathie said...

Great photos! Sounds like your week was happy and fun. Thanks for sharing, and keeping up the links - it's encouraging to me to read such positive thoughts and remember to be grateful for my blessings.

abi said...

Thanks. I posted my FFF
here
http://homesteadblogger.com/teaching4him/156152/

Angela said...

love your pictures of the sky! God is so creative! And I LOVE me some ice cream too!

Carrie said...

That soft serve ice cream sounds like a real treat!

It's been awhile since we've had DQ. I think I've forgotten what it tastes like!

Sandy@Jesus and Dark Choc said...

Love the sky pictures....such a reminder of a great Maker!! Oh and I wish my son worked at DQ!!! YUM!

Praising God with you for answers to prayer!

Laura@OutnumberedMom said...

What an unbelievable sky -- beautiful photo!!

I love DQ, too, but I may love having someone clean up my kitchen more. What a great hubby.

Hurrah for answered prayer! Glad you shared -- it encourages me to "keep it up"!

Happy weekend.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my word that sky is so beautiful. I love DQ. Ours closed a few years back and we have to drive about a half hour north now. But, in some ways (calories) it's not so bad.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

The colors of sky are just simply leaving me breathless..Wonderful post!

Karen said...

Isn't it the truth that even with a dishwasher, dishes are a chore? Unloading it is my least favorite task. I'm always grateful when someone else pitches in.

BTW, my first job was at DQ:) and I still love their soft serve. LOL, the list goes on.

Barbara H. said...

Those skies are gorgeous!

The food, fun, and fellowship night sounds great.

I loved soft serve ice cream when I could eat it. The. best.

It's always so nice when someone unexpectedly does a task.

Love #5 the best.

Anonymous said...

Those are just awesome photos my friend. I so love the look and feel to them :) I LOVE ice cream. How great a surprise is that. :) That was cool of your husband :) Sounds like a great week. :) Have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

Lisa notes... said...

My hubby frequently does the dishes, too. I told him this week that it's one of the most romantic things he can do for me!
Love those sky pics. Beautiful.
God is SO good to hear and answer our pleas.

LivingforGod said...

Great list! Beautiful pictures! I also love taking pictures of the sky and clouds. God is truly amazing! I'm so happy for you that your prayer has been answered. You're blessed with such thoughtful husband and son.

Have a wonderful weekend!

TXDidi said...

Those sunsets are so beautiful. You took some great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. Too bad you can't share that soft-serve ice cream over the wonder of the internet. (ha)

Joanne said...

Susanne,
I am joining the gang by invitation from Kathie over at Island Sparrow. I am new to this blogging world so I hope I have followed instructions correctly:)
Thank you for hosting this as it is always so good to reflect on blessings and to share them with others!
Your blog photos are just....beautiful!
Love the skies!
Fabulous!
Blessings!
Joanne

Brenda said...

I LOVE DQ ice cream. Do you get the soft serve?

How nice of your hubby to help out with dishes. Little things like that are so meaningful.

Thanks for hosting!

Karyn said...

I love your list this week! So full of beauty and love. AND DQ ice cream....nothing better than that!

Sunsets are always one of my favorite things....your photos are beautiful!

Prayer is one of my faves this week - although I am still waiting for the answer.

>96 said...

That picture is wonderful, I am sure it didn't even do the sky justice. You can view my FAVE five (look at what you started) http://hopeloveandspeedskates.blogspot.com/
but to really understand it, you have to read the post prior to it.
Thanks for sharing!!!

Melli said...

Hi Susanne! I have so missed playing FFF! I don't know how I can work a meme into my existence right now - but IF I decide to do one, THIS will be the one I'm coming back to!

I absolutely LOVE that orange sky! I don't believe I have EVER gotten to see an orange sky in person. And orange is my favorite color... so I would have been grabbing my camera too!

That hubby of yours deserves an EXTRA dish of soft serve ice cream! He is SUCH a keeper!

And yes! I LOVE to watch God work - especially when He makes it obvious! :)

Marg said...

It's always wonderful to pose at an evening sunset. You caught it well.
And too, I love it when those men have cleaned up and surprised us...That is such a treat.

Janet Oberholtzer said...

Beautiful pics!
Seeing beauty like that in nature gives me peace and hope.

happily retired gal said...

Beautiful skies and wonderful FIVE this week (as always) ... methinks you can't beat soft serve ice cream, fellowship with friends, help with dishes, and answered prayers ;-)

Sorry to be late yet again ...
Hugs and blessings,

Laura said...

Oh my goodness when I was in Alberta this past weekend I was in absolute awe of the gorgeousness of the sunset. Wow it was just awesome. We don't get to see those here because the mountains block it. Can't wait to see that every day!

Cindy said...

Wonderful idea thanks,
for the post , the idea, the invitation to join, and the time it took me to reflect on the past week. I joined in the FFF and I hope I linked correctly and I hope you come to my little piece of the Island and read.