Happy Easter everybody! I know it's Good Friday today and a lot of you won't be on today so feel free to just jump in anytime over the weekend if you would like.
1. "For God so loved the world, that He gave us His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16 NIV One of my favorite scriptures and one that Easter brings us face to face with. This is what Easter was and is all about. Bottom line. God did it, gave up His one and only Son to redeem mankind back, because He loves us that much. And it's for all of us, whoever of us would believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. As simple as that.
2. Catelli Smart Pasta. In our effort to eat somewhat healthier we have been eating more of the Healthy Harvest Whole Grain pasta but sometimes for some dishes the taste is just too heavy, and then I tried this pasta. Oh my goodness, it is sooo good. Doesn't have the heavy taste of whole grain pasta and yet has the same amount of fiber. And no sodium. I have to be cutting back on my sodium and this helps. It was yummy and very healthy. I made a great recipe with it that was easy and quick. I'll post it next Monday or Tuesday.
3. Greek food. I tried Greek food at a Mediteranean restaurant for the first time in my life this last week. Very delicious. It was at the one and only little Greek restaurant they have in town. They had a platter for two that had all sorts of different items in it. I think my favorite was the yummy pillow of phyllo dough that had a mix of cream cheese, parmesan and feta cheese in the middle that I can't remember the name of at the moment. That and the deep fried calamri dipped in tzatziki sauce. And drats, I forgot to take my camera!
4. Family time. So precious and sometimes so elusive in our busy days. As the kids grow the time is harder to get where we can all carve out that time with all our varied work and committement schedules but we try to really make a point of it. Of course, older girl now lives in another city so she is missing and we miss her dearly at these family nights, but I notice how quickly time seems to be going with the other two. My son will be graduating high school this year and youngest girl is 15. The time together with the two left at home is definitely worth it and precious. And they are lots of fun!
5. The first cup of coffee in the morning. I can't even tell you how much I love that first cup of hot coffee in the morning.
If you are joining in this week please link on up. Have a very happy, relaxing, refreshing Easter as we remember the death and celebrate the ressurection of Jesus Christ!